Want more affordable Volvo XC60 insurance in Arlington? Do you think you bought an overpriced insurance policy? You’re in good company because there are many Arlington drivers thinking the same thing.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who shop around are very likely to buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower rate. A study discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly Volvo XC60 insurance in Arlington is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can make it simple to find affordable coverage. Multiple car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and uncover the absolute cheapest price on Volvo XC60 insurance in Arlington.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need new coverage, use these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance while maintaining coverages. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Arlington is quite easy. Drivers just have to understand the proper methods to compare company rates online.
Finding a lower price on insurance is an easy way to save money. The only thing you need to do is invest a little time comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to spend time driving to local insurance agencies. Comparing Volvo XC60 insurance rate quotes online eliminates this option unless you have a need for the professional assistance of a licensed agent. Although, it is possible price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Texas. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Texas, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Volvo XC60 coverage analysis
The coverage information shown below covers estimates of insurance policy prices for Volvo XC60 models. Understanding how auto insurance prices are determined is important for drivers to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$286||$486||$330||$20||$98||$1,220||$102|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$322||$486||$330||$20||$98||$1,256||$105|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$322||$572||$330||$20||$98||$1,342||$112|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$360||$572||$330||$20||$98||$1,380||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can revise coverage prices noticeably.
Policy deductible comparison
The hardest decision when buying coverage is at what level do you set your deductibles. The comparisons below may help to conceptualize the rate fluctuation when you choose different coverage deductibles. The first data set uses a $100 physical damage coverage deductible and the second rate chart uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$328||$592||$324||$20||$96||$1,385||$115|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$370||$592||$324||$20||$96||$1,427||$119|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$370||$698||$324||$20||$96||$1,533||$128|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$412||$698||$324||$20||$96||$1,575||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$240||$400||$324||$20||$96||$1,080||$90|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$270||$400||$324||$20||$96||$1,110||$93|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$270||$472||$324||$20||$96||$1,182||$99|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$300||$472||$324||$20||$96||$1,212||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in Arlington location which can increase or decrease premium rates noticeably.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $100 deductible will cost you about $27 more each month or $324 annually across all Volvo XC60 models than selecting the higher $500 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $400 more to file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you usually have more than 15 months between claim filings, you would probably come out ahead going with the higher deductible.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper car insurance rates
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can impact Volvo XC60 car insurance costs for different age categories. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Males versus Females
The example below shows the difference between Volvo XC60 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Does full coverage make sense?
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC60 annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volvo XC60 replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Texas
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your XC60, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Seven Things That Impact Your Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower rates. Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although some other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are some of the items that factor into your rate level.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Texas provide cheaper rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of companies allow lower prices for people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. It’s possible to still save even more by buying from different companies
- Vehicle features that lower car insurance rates – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart vehicle theft.
Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The next chart uses these assumptions: married male driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Volvo XC60 insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
- Your credit history is important – An insured’s credit score factor in determining what you pay. People with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit rating can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Volvo XC60 if you clean up your credit.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – Policies have extra coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Safeguard your assets with liability – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Insurance loss data for Volvo XC60 vehicles – Insurance companies analyze the history of losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that tend to have increased losses will have higher rates. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Volvo XC60 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Volvo XC60 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC60 4dr 2WD 79 74 70 60 53 55 Volvo XC60 4dr 4WD 93 82 75 66 64 57BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Determine discounts on Arlington auto insurance
Car insurance companies do not list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Distant Student – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Arlington and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you could save up to 20% and get you the cheapest Volvo XC60 insurance in Arlington.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags may get savings of 20% or more.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to look at when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Volvo XC60 insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, safe vehicle, accident-free, good student, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-car, homeowner, Switch & Save, and online quote.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for easy pay, multi-policy, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, good student, and accident-free.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply in Arlington. For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Texas, click here.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Will my Volvo XC60 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Insurance agencies can help
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Arlington that can provide free Arlington auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in Arlington should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How are claims handled?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you need to find a good Arlington insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Both types can provide auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Arlington who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent agencies in Arlington willing to provide price quote information.
All Texas Insurance Inc
5721 Interstate 20 W # 110, Arlington, TX 76018 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (214) 330-0033 – View Map
If you get satisfactory answers to these questions and low cost Volvo XC60 insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Choosing the best auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Arlington. The information below could help you select which auto insurers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
A conclusion for your insurance search
You just learned a lot of tips how to shop for Volvo XC60 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Arlington auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates are with the least-expected company.
Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents. Low-cost Volvo XC60 insurance in Arlington can be bought on the web and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions or questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
How to find cheaper Volvo XC60 insurance in Arlington
The most effective way to find lower priced Volvo XC60 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers in Arlington. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies. Find an Arlington insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper XC60 coverage is available in Arlington. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional insurance information can be found at the links below
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Arlington Car Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)