If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers in Arlington.
- It will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for more information to help prevent costly coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average car insurance premium being $2,700, Texas drivers can save about 70% each year, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Arlington is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas you’re about to read. Although Texas drivers need to learn how insurance companies determine how much to charge because rates fluctuate considerably.
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes helps you find more affordable rates.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Rates and statistics
The coverage information shown next showcases different insurance premium costs for Volvo C70 models. Understanding more about how rate quotes are established is important for drivers to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C70 T5 2-Dr Convertible||$228||$452||$340||$20||$102||$1,142||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific location which can modify rates significantly.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Volvo C70 insurance costs for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Gender differences in car insurance premiums
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Volvo C70 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volvo C70 car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no specific rule of when to exclude full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo C70 claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $600 a year for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Arlington, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volvo C70, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Earn discounts on Arlington insurance
Insurance can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you quote, but some need to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Arlington auto insurance quote.
- Arlington Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Arlington can help you save on insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when getting a Arlington auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give better prices if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will help lower the cost of your policy.
The diagram below compares Volvo C70 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The costs are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, good driver, multiple autos, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for distant student, youthful driver, business and professional, teen driver, good student, homeowner, and pay in full.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, military active duty, five-year accident-free, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, paid in full, company car, multiple vehicles, and good student.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, driver training, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, and renewal discount.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, new vehicle, multi-vehicle, safe driver, military installation, and driver training.
If you want the cheapest Volvo C70 rate quotes, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To see a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Texas, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Arlington auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Where are claims handled?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Exclusive and independent Arlington car insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Arlington exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to contact several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Arlington that can give you price quote information.
Surefire Insurance Agency
2300 W Division St Suite 150 – Arlington, TX 76012 – (817) 459-0005 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that is professional and can provide auto insurance coverage.
Car insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your C70 resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible on your C70 to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Volvo C70.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25 in Texas), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like emergency aid, attorney fees, bail bonds, pain and suffering and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hail damage, fire damage and damage from flooding. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for chiropractic care, EMT expenses, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
A conclusion for your insurance search
You just read many tips how you can reduce Volvo C70 insurance rates online in Arlington. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Arlington auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Arlington auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Budget-conscious Volvo C70 insurance can be bought on the web and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and these smaller providers work with independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)