Astonishing but true, a large majority of drivers in Texas have been with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save approximately 47% each year, but they won’t spend time to shop their coverage around.
The easiest way to save on auto insurance rates in Arlington is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Texas.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Eos coverage is available in Arlington. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on every quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volkswagen Eos insurance in Arlington
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Eos insurance premiums with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
Check with each company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your state. To find insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Arlington, click here.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rates for Volkswagen Eos insurance in Arlington is to know most insurance companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including driver details, level of coverage desired, your general credit rating, and if you’re married. Those rating factors is sent automatically to insurance carriers in your area and they return quotes immediately.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Arlington, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Data for Volkswagen Eos insurance
The information displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Volkswagen Eos models. Having a good understanding how car insurance premiums are determined is important for making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$288||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,380||$115|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$288||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,380||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in Arlington location which can raise or lower insurance rates significantly.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Volkswagen Eos insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims increase Volkswagen Eos annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Volkswagen Eos insurance rates: Men versus women
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Eos insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The information below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Eos auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive formula of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Eos claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Informed Drivers Save More
Many things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
Teen drivers pay high rates – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit. Young drivers are statistically shown to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Increase deductibles to save – Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Volkswagen. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and burglary. Your deductibles define how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Big city or small town – Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when it comes to car insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – Auto insurance companies in Texas give cheaper rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Getting married brings a discount – Having a significant other actually saves money on your car insurance policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Loss statistics for a Volkswagen Eos – Insurance companies use historical loss data when setting premium rates. Models that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have increased rates.
The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volkswagen Eos vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Specific Volkswagen Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Eos Convertible||88||77||78||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need an insurance agent?
Certain consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents that can give you free Arlington car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Arlington
When looking for a local Arlington insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Arlington can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out the differences since it can impact your agent selection.
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Arlington that are able to give rate quotes.
- Bry Acker Agency – Farmers Insurance
2430 N Davis Dr Suite 106 – Arlington, TX 76012 – (817) 453-0872 – View Map
- Mark Leal – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 N Cooper St #106 – Arlington, TX 76011 – (682) 323-5033 – View Map
- Gloria LeGrand – State Farm Insurance Agent
1396 W Mayfield Rd #110 – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 465-9191 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following are Arlington independent agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Kennedy Insurance
820 E Park Row Dr – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 461-2907 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: The Hulett Agency Inc
3010 W Park Row Dr – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 461-3251 – View Map
- Pattillo Insurance Agency
3825 W Green Oaks Blvd Suite 250 – Arlington, TX 76016 – (972) 218-1723 – View Map
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though Arlington Eos insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volkswagen Eos, most banks will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Volkswagen but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cover all your bases
Budget-friendly insurance in Arlington is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Arlington car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce Volkswagen Eos insurance premium rates online in Arlington. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Arlington car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Arlington Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)