It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved approximately $860 a year compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best rates on Subaru Baja insurance is your goal, then learning a little about how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
The best way to find cheaper prices for Subaru Baja insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Arlington. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like speeding and a bad credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Companies offering Subaru Baja insurance in Texas
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Arlington, TX. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Arlington, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Get discounts on Arlington auto insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Baja may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a class that teaches driver safety techniques may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow companies to study vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, good student, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and good student.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, good driver, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, seat belt use, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and membership and employees.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, safe vehicle, driver’s education, multiple policy, good student, good driver, and multiple autos.
Double check with every company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not apply in Arlington. To view providers with discount rates in Arlington, click here to view.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions could help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my Subaru Baja is worth?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
What if I want to buy from local Arlington insurance agents?
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is transmitted to companies in Arlington who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your house because prices are sent to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
When searching for a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Arlington are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. They are highly trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Arlington willing to provide price quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5930 Interstate 20 W Suite 252 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 985-5300 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Patricia Casanova
1416 S Watson Rd – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 461-1958 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Yvette Holguin
5800 S Collins St #124 – Arlington, TX 76018 – (817) 609-8051 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent agents in Arlington that are able to give rate quotes.
- Vogue Insurance Agency
1201 N Watson Rd #287 – Arlington, TX 76006 – (682) 305-2140 – View Map
- Strack Insurance Services
6027 Interstate 20 W – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 557-0100 – View Map
- Pickard Insurance Agency
2221 W Arkansas #102 – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 460-0333 – View Map
Ratings for Arlington car insurance companies
Picking a highly-rated insurer can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Arlington. The ranking data in the lists below may help you select which providers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Affordable coverage is out there
Cost effective Subaru Baja insurance can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Seniors in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Arlington Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)