Buick Enclave insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Arlington is to do an annual price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Texas.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. Immediately keep your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. This enables a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
It's well known that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who do rate comparisons are likely to buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study discovered that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving the most money on Buick Enclave insurance is why you're reading this, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare insurance can help simplify the process.
If you are already insured or need a new policy, you can learn to save money while maximizing coverage. This article's intent is to let you in on how auto insurance companies operate and also save some money in the process Consumers just have to learn the proper way to compare prices on the web.
Cheap car insurance in Arlington, TX
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in TX, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance analysis for a Buick Enclave
The premium information displayed next outlines detailed analysis of rate quotes for Buick Enclave models. Learning a little about how car insurance prices are determined can be useful when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$232||$462||$430||$26||$128||$1,278||$107|
|Enclave CX AWD||$232||$462||$430||$26||$128||$1,278||$107|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$232||$462||$430||$26||$128||$1,278||$107|
|Enclave XL AWD||$258||$462||$430||$26||$128||$1,304||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in your specific Arlington location which can alter coverage prices noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Buick Enclave annual premium costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below compares Buick Enclave premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no exact rule to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Buick Enclave claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing in excess of $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Lower Your Arlington Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more transparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Policy add-ons can waste money - Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can add up on your insurance policy. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Don't get traffic citations - Having just one ticket can increase rates substantially. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have dangerous tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The information below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders impact Buick Enclave car insurance rates for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- More traffic means higher claims - Having an address in less populated areas is a positive aspect when buying insurance. Lower population means less chance of accidents. People in densely populated areas regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- When should you not file claims? - Auto insurance companies in Texas provide lower rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Annual miles is a factor - The more you drive annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your Enclave may be costing you higher rates. It's always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
The type of car, truck or SUV you drive affects your prices - The type of vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on the lowest performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The data below assumes a single male driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Buick Enclave insurance rates compared to other models that have different risk factors.
- Save money by having high credit - Having a good credit history factor in determining premium rates. If your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you may save money insuring your Buick Enclave if you clean up your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with poor credit scores.
Insurance loss data for Buick Enclave vehicles - Insurance companies use data from past claims when setting premium prices. Vehicles that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates. The table below illustrates the loss history for Buick Enclave vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Buick Enclave Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD 85 101 83 67 63 81 Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD 93 110 92 64 62 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Buick Enclave insurance in Arlington
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Paperwork-free - Certain insurance companies will give you a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Employee of Federal Government - Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Safe Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Arlington car insurance quote.
- Defensive Driving Course - Successfully completing a defensive driver class can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new Enclave can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow driving data submission to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Buick Enclave auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To choose insurers that offer some of these discounts in Texas, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people just want to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Arlington.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is sent to insurance agents in Arlington who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Below are agents in Arlington who can help you get comparison quotes for Buick Enclave insurance in Arlington.
- Mike Brewer - State Farm Insurance Agent
4801 Little Rd #119 - Arlington, TX 76017 - (817) 375-1000 - View Map
- John Martinek - State Farm Insurance Agent
3705 W Green Oaks Blvd - Arlington, TX 76016 - (817) 492-9900 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Philip Szurek
2614 W Arkansas Ln - Arlington, TX 76016 - (817) 303-3880 - View Map
- Bry Acker Agency - Farmers Insurance
2430 N Davis Dr Suite 106 - Arlington, TX 76012 - (817) 453-0872 - View Map
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Which family members are covered?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How long have they been in business?
Lower rates by being persistent
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered many ideas to reduce Buick Enclave insurance premium rates online in Arlington. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Arlington car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with the least-expected company.
There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Arlington is available from both online companies and with local Arlington insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information can be found below:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- How Much is Arlington Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Arlington? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)