If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Arlington. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more ideas to help keep prices low and find overlooked discounts.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Sentra coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Amazingly, over 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Arlington insurance shoppers could save approximately $1,766 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they just switched companies.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Arlington is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have a current insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use these tips to buy cheaper insurance without having to cut coverage. You just have to learn the most time-saving way to compare different rates on the web.
Many insurance companies give prices direct online. The process is fairly simple because you just enter the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, their system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and returns a price.
Being able to quote online for Nissan Sentra insurance in Arlington makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get the best possible rates on car insurance.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Texas. To buy cheap car insurance in Texas, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Nissan Sentra coverage statistics
The coverage information below highlights a range of insurance premium costs for Nissan Sentra models. Understanding how insurance policy premiums are formulated is important for drivers to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$208||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,198||$100|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$208||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,198||$100|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$240||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,230||$103|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$240||$542||$382||$22||$114||$1,300||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can modify price quotes considerably.
Nissan Sentra insurance rates: Men versus women
The example below shows the comparison of Nissan Sentra car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Does full coverage make sense?
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Sentra insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums assume no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for eliminating full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan Sentra replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Why you need quality insurance for your Nissan Sentra
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan Sentra insurance, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Sentra, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart Consumers Know How to Quote Car Insurance Cheaper
Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The items below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Alarm systems save money – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
Physical damage deductibles – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Get married and pay less – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates compared to being single. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Your address can impact premiums – Having an address in less populated areas is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas regularly have congested traffic and more severe claims. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims.
Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Nissan each year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your Sentra may be wasting your money. Make sure your vehicle rating shows how each vehicle is driven.
Nissan Sentra statistical loss data – Companies use historical loss data to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan Sentra vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Arlington auto insurance discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before being credited.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- E-sign Discounts – Many auto insurance companies provide a small discount shop Arlington auto insurance on their website.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their company to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Sign Early and Save – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Sentra insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because it is proof of financial responsibility.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Nissan Sentra annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Arlington, click here.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Arlington insurance agent
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Arlington who will give you quotes for your business. There is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Arlington?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How are they compensated?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
If you are wanting to find local Arlington agents, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can handle insurance, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Arlington that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Randy McCoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
1730 W Randol Mill Rd #160 – Arlington, TX 76012 – (817) 274-1324 – View Map
- TJ Villarreal – State Farm Insurance Agent
851 NE Green Oaks Blvd – Arlington, TX 76006 – (817) 461-0000 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Patricia Casanova
1416 S Watson Rd – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 461-1958 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you need to include a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Arlington willing to provide rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Jacque Pirtle
4110 Interstate 20 W #100 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 572-7971 – View Map
- Estes and Cleveland Insurance Agency, Inc.
521 E Abram St – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 265-4488 – View Map
- Pattillo Insurance Agency
3825 W Green Oaks Blvd Suite 250 – Arlington, TX 76016 – (972) 218-1723 – View Map
Once you have received good answers to any questions you have and the cheapest Nissan Sentra insurance in Arlington quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance. Just be aware that you have the power to cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent with no way to switch.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
You just read quite a bit of information on how to shop for Nissan Sentra insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Lower-priced Nissan Sentra insurance in Arlington can be found on the web in addition to many Arlington insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Arlington Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)