Regrettably, nearly 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Texas drivers can cut their rates by nearly 70% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies that sell auto insurance in Arlington.
First, get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as traffic violations and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Companies offering competitive Mazda RX-8 rates in Arlington, TX
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Texas. If you want cheap auto insurance in Arlington, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Mazda RX-8 insurance coverage information
The information shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance rates for Mazda RX-8 models. Understanding more about how insurance policy premiums are formulated can help customers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX-8 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$322||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,414||$118|
|RX-8 Grand Touring 4-Dr Coupe||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|RX-8 R3 4-Dr Coupe||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can modify premiums greatly.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The illustration below shows how violations and accidents can impact Mazda RX-8 insurance prices for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The example below compares Mazda RX-8 auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set rule for excluding physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda RX-8 book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Mazda RX-8 Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower rates. Many things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are more obscure such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The items below are some of the items used by companies to determine rates.
Insurance premiums and driver gender – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. They both tend to get into fender benders at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Mazda RX-8 insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – The majority of companies will give a discount to people that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Rural areas have lower costs – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when buying auto insurance. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents. People who live in big cities have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Higher commute times statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Get married and pay lower prices – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. It may mean you are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Having a bad credit history is a big factor in determining your rates. If your credit can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Mazda RX-8 by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit ratings.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Arlington
Companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below details both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current RX-8 insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable their company to study where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Mazda RX-8 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Esurance includes discounts for DriveSense, safety device, Switch & Save, multi-car, online shopper, online quote, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include teen driver discount, newly retired, exclusive group savings, good student, and new move discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for company car, air bags, good student, paperless, student away at school, and safe driver.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, federal employee, driver training, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your area. If you would like to view insurers who offer free Mazda RX-8 insurance quotes in Arlington, follow this link.
Local Arlington auto insurance agents
Some consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower premium rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Arlington.
By using this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Arlington that can provide free Arlington car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Arlington are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, you should always compare prices from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Arlington that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Arlington exclusive insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any good agent in Arlington should know the answers to these questions.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Where are claims handled?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
How much can you save?
Cheap Mazda RX-8 insurance in Arlington can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Arlington, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to get a better price on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Arlington. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Arlington car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Arlington car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
More learning opportunities
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Arlington Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)