The best way we recommend to get budget Lincoln MKT insurance is to regularly compare quotes from different companies in Arlington.
- Try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and poor credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who rate shop once a year will most likely switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent insurance study revealed that people who routinely shopped around saved an average of $70 a month compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance is your objective, then understanding how to find companies and compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Arlington is much easier if you have a good place to start. In essence, everyone who is looking for cheaper car insurance most likely will be able to save money. Although Texas drivers must learn how companies calculate their prices.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better prices.
- Telematics Devices – Arlington drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on the web.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Student in College – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Arlington and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select car insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current MKT insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKT insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The information is based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, federal employee, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, air bags, defensive driver, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, newly married, and new move discount.
- The Hartford offers discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and bundle.
- MetLife has discounts for defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not be available in your state.
Most of the larger companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow consumers to get price estimates direct online. Comparing prices online for Lincoln MKT insurance in Arlington is fairly simple because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Upon sending the form, their quoting system requests information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on these factors.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Lincoln MKT insurance in Arlington helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to get many rate quotes in order to get the cheapest auto insurance rates.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you are getting rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Facts and figures for Lincoln MKT insurance
The premium table displayed below highlights estimates of insurance costs for Lincoln MKT models. Having a better idea how rate quotes are figured can be of help when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$318||$572||$486||$28||$146||$1,550||$129|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$350||$660||$486||$28||$146||$1,670||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter rates considerably.
Lincoln MKT liability rates compared to full coverage
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKT insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no written rule to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Lincoln MKT claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $800 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Comp and collision deductibles are a factor – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Don’t get traffic citations – Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have gotten careless tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders increase Lincoln MKT insurance prices for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Too many insurance claims drive up rates – Auto insurance companies in Texas provide lower rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Prices for men may be higher – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. They both cause accidents in similar percentages, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The chart below compares Lincoln MKT insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Lincoln MKT statistical loss data – Companies factor in insurance loss information when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates. The next table shows the collected loss data for Lincoln MKT vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Lincoln Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKT 4dr 2WD||128||133|
|Lincoln MKT 4dr 4WD||118||85||138||85|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Independent and exclusive insurance agents
Many people would rather visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Arlington who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will they give you a referral list?
When looking for a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents in Arlington can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Arlington willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Gary Tongate
1814 N Cooper St – Arlington, TX 76011 – (817) 861-3422 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Philip Szurek
2614 W Arkansas Ln – Arlington, TX 76016 – (817) 303-3880 – View Map
- Ryan Salsbury – State Farm Insurance Agent
1120 E Bardin Rd Ste 170 – Arlington, TX 76018 – (817) 465-7926 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Arlington that can give you comparison quotes.
- Sun West Insurance Agency Inc
600 Six Flags Dr #102 – Arlington, TX 76011 – (817) 261-1101 – View Map
- First Texas Insurance Services LC
700 Highlander Blvd #350 – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 275-2626 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Jacque Pirtle
4110 Interstate 20 W #100 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 572-7971 – View Map
If you get acceptable answers to all your questions and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that will provide car insurance coverage. Just remember you are able to terminate coverage whenever you want so never feel that you are permanently stuck with a policy for a certain time period.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Texas
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lincoln, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your Lincoln MKT and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Arlington is wasting up to $869 every year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to save money.
Affordable auto insurance premiums are out there
Cheap Lincoln MKT insurance in Arlington is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver or even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to reduce Lincoln MKT insurance prices online in Arlington. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Arlington car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with a small mutual company.
Additional auto insurance information is available at these links:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Arlington Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)