It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price will probably switch companies because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who compared prices regularly saved about $3,500 over four years compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Arlington is your ultimate goal, then having some knowledge of how to find and compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Truthfully, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Arlington is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Texas. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover information to get better rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Filing claims can increase rates – Insurance companies in Texas generally give discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Increase physical damage deductibles to save – Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your Lincoln. Some examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Most larger companies afford better rates to buyers that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Save by driving safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If the Lincoln Mark LT scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Single drivers take more risk – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on your policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Rates may be lower depending on your occupation – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and miners are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, jobs like professors, athletes and performers pay the least.
- Insurance rates and driver gender – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders tend to get into at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Insurance rates and age – Teenage drivers in Texas are statistically shown to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a beginning driver to your insurance policy can break the bank. Older people are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
All the larger auto insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get prices for coverage directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Arlington is very simple as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. When complete, the quote system will order credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on the data you entered.
Using the web to get price quotes for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Arlington makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get a better rate.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter the coverage information identical to your current policy. This ensures you will receive comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Texas. To get cheaper auto insurance in Arlington, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Car insurance is not optional in Texas
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Arlington, car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lincoln, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Arlington car insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a safe driver course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Arlington may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow driving data collection to spy on driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide without raising rates if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, defensive driving training, multiple autos, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, TimeAway discount, good driver, air bags, and Steer into Savings.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, good student, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- 21st Century offers discounts including 55 and older, homeowners, student driver, early bird, teen driver, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in every state.
Car insurance agents can help
A small number of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is still important in Arlington.
By using this short form, your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Arlington who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Car insurance agents in Arlington come in two varieties
If you’re trying to find a local Arlington insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Arlington can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they can quote policies through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Arlington that can give you price quotes.
- Low Rate Insurance Agency
1900 E Abram St – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 635-0375 – View Map
- Pattillo Insurance Agency
3825 W Green Oaks Blvd Suite 250 – Arlington, TX 76016 – (972) 218-1723 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: The Hulett Agency Inc
3010 W Park Row Dr – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 461-3251 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Arlington who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Puzzuole
2175 W Green Oaks Blvd – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 446-1522 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Cindy Dickey
980 N Cooper St – Arlington, TX 76011 – (817) 261-8484 – View Map
- Billy Rhodes – State Farm® Insurance Agent
4621 S Cooper St #119 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 557-1222 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Arlington?
After receiving positive responses to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Quote more to save more
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium or even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be less work than you think.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents. Cheaper auto insurance in Arlington is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Arlington agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
More information is located below:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)