A study showed that most insurance buyers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Most drivers in Texas could cut their rates by as much as $1,766 a year just by shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to shop around.
The easiest way to save on Lincoln LS insurance in Arlington is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Texas.
- Spend some time learning about how your policy works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to lower your rates without having to cut coverage. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Arlington can initially seem challenging. Drivers just have to use the most efficient way to shop their coverage around from many different companies.
Insurance policy discounts for Lincoln LS insurance in Arlington
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but some must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will forgive one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Lincoln LS insurance rates in Arlington.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current LS insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Arlington auto insurance online.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including distant student, mature driver, homeowner, alternative fuel, early shopping, good student, and business and professional.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, federal employee, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family includes discounts for good driver, Steer into Savings, good student, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide has discounts for good student, defensive driving, business or organization, multi-policy, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Arlington. For a list of insurers who offer online Lincoln LS insurance quotes in Texas, click here to view.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
What Affects Lincoln LS Insurance Premiums?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine car insurance rates. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in cheaper rates. Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Marriage discount – Being married actually saves money on car insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Performance influences insurance costs – The type of car or truck you need to insure makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower cost passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Teenagers are high risk – Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Beginning drivers tend to be easily distracted when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Don’t get traffic citations – Even one speeding ticket may increase your cost substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Texas?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Arlington who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How often do they review coverages?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
If you want a local Arlington insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the subtle differences since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are Arlington exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, you need to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Listed below are independent agents in Arlington who can help you get price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
1700 E Pioneer Pkwy Ste 190 – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 460-8899 – View Map
Auto insurance is not optional in Texas
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lincoln LS, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Lincoln LS and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Compare but don’t skimp
Affordable Lincoln LS insurance in Arlington can be purchased online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer price quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- How Much are Arlington Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)