Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many drivers in Texas could cut their rates by up to $1,766 a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they changed companies.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from companies that sell auto insurance in Arlington.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price like speeding and poor credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover the details to keep prices down and find possible discounts that are available.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Insurance rates and discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Arlington car insurance quote.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here.
To get cheaper Arlington car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from many car insurance companies in Texas. The easiest way by far to compare rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Just remember that more quotes provides better odds of finding the best offered rates. Not every company does Arlington RC 200t insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Arlington, TX. To get the best cheap car insurance in TX, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Lexus RC 200t Insurance Prices?
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rates.
- No coverage gaps is important – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Rates are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for economy passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Getting married equates to better premiums – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance bill. Marriage usually means you are more stable financially and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Getting just one chargeable violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten dangerous citations like DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to legally drive.
- Big cities have higher rates – Living in less populated areas has it’s advantages when buying auto insurance. Urban drivers have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident.
- Good credit means lower prices – Credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay. People with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with bad credit. So if your credit history is low, you may save money insuring your Lexus RC 200t by improving your rating.
- Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out if you may require specific advice.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Local Arlington insurance agencies
Some people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Arlington who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Arlington should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Arlington?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that you can choose from. Arlington agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Arlington that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Samantha Nguyen-Le – State Farm Insurance Agent
3415 S Collins St #107 – Arlington, TX 76014 – (817) 466-3000 – View Map
- Billy Rhodes – State Farm® Insurance Agent
4621 S Cooper St #119 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 557-1222 – View Map
- Mark Leal – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 N Cooper St #106 – Arlington, TX 76011 – (682) 323-5033 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, you need to compare prices from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Arlington willing to provide price quote information.
- Kristie Pickle Dorris Insurance
4200 S Cooper St – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 467-7233 – View Map
- Estes and Cleveland Insurance Agency, Inc.
521 E Abram St – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 265-4488 – View Map
- Trang Le Insurance Agency
2397 S Collins St – Arlington, TX 76014 – (817) 779-4849 – View Map
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Arlington, paying for auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Lexus RC 200t and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
As you quote Arlington car insurance, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best price.
We just presented many ways to save on Lexus RC 200t insurance in Arlington. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Arlington car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- How Much are Arlington Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)