Unbelievable but true, almost 70% of drivers in Texas renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never shopped around. American consumers could save about 47% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rates and save money.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in Arlington.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Range Rover coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Make sure you put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Cheapest companies for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Texas
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Arlington, TX. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in TX, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Eight Tips to Get Cheaper Arlington Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
Shown below are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
Only buy coverage you need – There are a ton of add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Range Rover policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. The coverages may be enticing initially, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
Uninterrupted coverage saves money – Driving any period of time without insurance can get your license suspended and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
Driver age impacts costs – Youthful drivers in Texas are statistically proven to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
Multiple policies with one company – Many companies will award discounts to people that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, you may still want to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Is your car built for speed? – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a significant difference in your rates. Economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Know your credit score – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit rating is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Land Rover Range Rover by improving your rating.
How much liability insurance – Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Low stress employer equals lower premiums – Occupations like judges, architects, and miners generally pay higher average rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work days. Other occupations such as scientists, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Insurance loss data for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles – Companies study historical loss data when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD||159|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD||143||139||127||75||73||120|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD||169||116||332||34||104|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD||223||397|
|Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD||166||103||252||47||46||88|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Land Rover may allow you to get discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
When getting free Arlington car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply in your area.
Local Arlington car insurance agents and insurance
Many drivers just want to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Arlington who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
When researching a local Arlington insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Arlington that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Lisa Adkinson
4381 W Green Oaks Blvd Suite 101 – Arlington, TX 76016 – (817) 769-4088 – View Map
- Jackie Halpin-Osteen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2530 Legacy Point Dr – Arlington, TX 76006 – (817) 274-1601 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Anthony Sampson
4519 Matlock Rd Ste 131 – Arlington, TX 76018 – (817) 784-1815 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Arlington that can give you price quotes.
- Vogue Insurance Agency
1201 N Watson Rd #287 – Arlington, TX 76006 – (682) 305-2140 – View Map
- Low Rate Insurance Agency
1900 E Abram St – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 635-0375 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Jacque Pirtle
4110 Interstate 20 W #100 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 572-7971 – View Map
After receiving reasonable responses to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located an insurance agent that can properly service your insurance policy. Just understand that once you purchase a policy you can cancel a policy at any time so never feel that you are permanently stuck with any particular company for any length of time.
Affordable insurance rates are out there
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service or high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is easier than you think.
Lower-priced insurance in Arlington is available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agencies.
We covered many tips how you can find cheap Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Arlington. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
More tips and info about insurance can be found by following these links:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Arlington Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)