A recent insurance study discovered that the vast majority of Texas insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by $850 a year, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Arlington is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who sell auto insurance in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for more details to prevent rate hikes and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Be sure to place the new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
One piece of advice is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Locating the best rates in Arlington is actually quite simple. If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, use these cost-cutting techniques to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Smart shoppers just need to use the quickest method to buy auto insurance using one simple form.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Arlington is to realize most larger insurance companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like if the vehicle is leased, if you’re married, if you have an active license, and the make and model of your vehicles. The data is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and you receive quotes quickly.
To compare multiple company cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Texas. To get cheaper auto insurance in Arlington, TX, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Cheap Arlington auto insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and good driver.
- American Family has discounts for mySafetyValet, good driver, TimeAway discount, accident-free, multi-vehicle, early bird, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- 21st Century discounts include driver training, teen driver, 55 and older, student driver, early bird, anti-lock brakes, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies everywhere. To see a list of providers who offer free Chevy Cruze insurance quotes in Arlington, click this link.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Many drivers still like to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Arlington that give free quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will they give you a referral list?
What type of Arlington auto insurance agent is right for you?
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agencies are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can handle car insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which agent you choose.
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below are Arlington exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas R. Crutchfield
214 S Mesquite St – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 861-1977 – View Map
- Gloria LeGrand – State Farm Insurance Agent
1396 W Mayfield Rd #110 – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 465-9191 – View Map
- Bill Martensen – State Farm Insurance Agent
4412 Matlock Rd #100 – Arlington, TX 76018 – (817) 465-2122 – View Map
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Arlington willing to provide price quote information.
- Estes and Cleveland Insurance Agency, Inc.
521 E Abram St – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 265-4488 – View Map
- Pattillo Insurance Agency
3825 W Green Oaks Blvd Suite 250 – Arlington, TX 76016 – (972) 218-1723 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: The Hulett Agency Inc
3010 W Park Row Dr – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 461-3251 – View Map
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is my Chevy Cruze covered for smoke damage?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Chevy Cruze Insurance
Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
Shown below are some of the major factors companies use to determine rates.
Prevent car insurance lapses – Letting your insurance expire can be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
Stress out and pay more – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like judges, social workers, and financial analysts generally have higher premium rates in part from job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations like actors, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
Vehicle risk impacts rates – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Age of drivers impacts rates – Teenage drivers in Texas tend to be more careless behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a inexperienced driver onto your car insurance can cause a big jump in price. Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Fewer miles means better premiums – Driving more miles every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars that are left in the garage cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. An incorrectly rated Cruze can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your declarations sheet reflects annual mileage.
Amount of liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Drivers with excellent credit save – An insured’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. So if your credit could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Cruze by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Chevy Cruze historical loss data – Car insurance companies use data from past claims to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates. The data below shows the loss history for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying the right Chevy vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your Chevy and your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Some companies may not offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Budget-conscious Chevy Cruze insurance can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Arlington, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
You just learned a lot of tips how to get a better price on Chevy Cruze insurance in Arlington. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Arlington auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Arlington Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)