Do you want to learn to get lower-priced insurance rates in Arlington, TX? Arlington consumers have lots of choices when looking for the best price on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates on a Volkswagen and locate the cheapest rates.
Affordable rates on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Arlington with these ten discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen could qualify for substantially lower prices.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a qualifying organization may earn a discount when getting a Arlington auto insurance quote.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow their insurance company to study when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, air bags, multi-policy, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- Travelers offers discounts including multi-policy, IntelliDrive, save driver, multi-car, and continuous insurance.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, anti-theft, family plan, and defensive driving.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for business and professional, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, distant student, alternative fuel, and youthful driver.
- Esurance offers discounts for safety device, paid-in-full, homeowner, multi-policy, emergency road assistance, and Pac-12 alumni.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for type of vehicle, professional/association, good driver, annual mileage, good student, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Arlington. If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer cheap Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance quotes in Texas, click this link.
First Step: Get free Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance quotes
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Texas. To find cheap auto insurance in Arlington, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How much insurance do I need?
When buying adequate coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Arlington.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Arlington that can give you free Arlington auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Two types of Arlington car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they function. Agents in Arlington can either be independent or exclusive. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand why they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Arlington who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Pickard Insurance Agency
2221 W Arkansas #102 – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 460-0333 – View Map
- ABC Insurance Agencies
816 E Abram St #106 – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 261-1300 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: The Hulett Agency Inc
3010 W Park Row Dr – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 461-3251 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following are Arlington exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Dean Berube
6109 S Cooper St #121 – Arlington, TX 76001 – (817) 856-0300 – View Map
- Bill Martensen – State Farm Insurance Agent
4412 Matlock Rd #100 – Arlington, TX 76018 – (817) 465-2122 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lezlee Martin Liljenberg
3105 W Arkansas Ln – Arlington, TX 76016 – (817) 794-5887 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How long has their agency been in business in Arlington?
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, you may have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though Arlington Golf SportWagen insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volkswagen, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Golf SportWagen from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Golf SportWagen to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability – This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 30/60/25 which stand for a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as pain and suffering, attorney fees, funeral expenses and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hail damage, a broken windshield, hitting a bird, damage from flooding and falling objects. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for prosthetic devices, hospital visits, dental work and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (30/60/25 in Texas), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Frequent quotes can save
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance prices online in Arlington. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Arlington auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with an unexpected company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies. The cheapest Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Arlington can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
How to quote cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Arlington
The best way we recommend to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates in Arlington is to compare prices annually from companies that insure vehicles in Texas.
- Gain an understanding of individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Golf SportWagen coverage is available in Arlington. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Arlington Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)