We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who shop rates annually are inclined to buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved about $70 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly Saab 9-5 insurance is the reason for your visit, then understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can save time, money, and frustration.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost Saab 9-5 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Arlington. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- First, try to understand what is in your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for additional ideas to help prevent high rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Arlington. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of this process is to try to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Arlington insurance discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having all your vehicles with the same insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current 9-5 insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers get the best insurance rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Saab 9-5 insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The prices are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, seat belt use, membership and employees, multi-policy, and driver training.
- USAA may offer discounts for new vehicle, vehicle storage, military installation, defensive driver, and loyalty savings.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, and online signing.
- American Family discounts include Steer into Savings, good driver, mySafetyValet, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance may have discounts that include DriveSense, multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, defensive driver, paid-in-full, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, homeowner, switch companies, bundle discounts, and business and professional.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in every state.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance rates for Saab 9-5 insurance in Arlington is to realize most insurance companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information such as your credit rating estimate, if you went to college, how many miles driven, and which vehicles you own. That rating information is submitted instantly to multiple companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Arlington, TX. If you want cheap auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Saab 9-5 insurance coverage information
The information shown below highlights different insurance costs for Saab 9-5 models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance prices are formulated helps drivers make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-5 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$350||$754||$358||$22||$108||$1,592||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in your specific Arlington location which can decrease or increase rates significantly.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Saab 9-5 car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Saab 9-5 book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
How You Can Control Saab 9-5 Insurance Prices
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Gender matters – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but males get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 cause the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
The information below illustrates the difference between Saab 9-5 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Your liability limits – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Rates increase with driving citations – Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one citation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers who get serious violations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents raise Saab 9-5 car insurance costs for each different age category. The costs are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Most insurance companies provide discounts to buyers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by buying from different companies
- Annual mileage impacts premiums – The more miles you rack up on your Saab in a year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your 9-5 can cost quite a bit. Make sure your policy states the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Certain employers raise rates – Careers like lawyers, police officers, and financial analysts generally have the highest rates in part from job stress and long work hours. Other professions such as farmers, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
Do I need an agent?
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Arlington auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Arlington will have answers to these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Arlington for you
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agencies in Arlington can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand rather than low price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Arlington willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Lezlee Martin Liljenberg
3105 W Arkansas Ln – Arlington, TX 76016 – (817) 794-5887 – View Map
- Gloria LeGrand – State Farm Insurance Agent
1396 W Mayfield Rd #110 – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 465-9191 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Patricia Casanova
1416 S Watson Rd – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 461-1958 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Arlington who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Nelson Insurance
2340 I-20 – Arlington, TX 76011 – (817) 261-3276 – View Map
- Pattillo Insurance Agency
3825 W Green Oaks Blvd Suite 250 – Arlington, TX 76016 – (972) 218-1723 – View Map
- Tucker Insurance Agency
3901 Arlington Highlands Blvd #200 – Arlington, TX 76018 – (817) 695-5166 – View Map
Three reasons to insure your 9-5
Despite the potentially high cost of Saab 9-5 insurance, paying for auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Saab 9-5 has a lienholder, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Saab at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Saab 9-5 and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Saab as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Quote more to save more
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for Saab 9-5 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Arlington auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
More affordable insurance in Arlington is available from both online companies in addition to many Arlington insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)