To save the most money, the best way to save money on car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Arlington. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover ideas to help keep prices low and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One thing to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This provides a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s amazing but over 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save approximately $860 every year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to do a rate comparison.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, take advantage of these tips to buy cheaper insurance without reducing coverage. These techniques will tell you how to compare rates easily and also save some money in the process Smart shoppers just have to understand how to compare company rates from many different companies.
Most major insurance companies allow consumers to get prices for coverage direct online. Comparing Chevy Cobalt insurance rates online doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply enter your coverage information into the form. After you submit the form the system will order credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to do this in order to find affordable auto insurance pricing.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will get a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Texas. To locate cheap auto insurance in Arlington, TX, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate table displayed below showcases different insurance policy prices for Chevy Cobalt models. Understanding more about how auto insurance prices are formulated can be of help when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cobalt LS 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$462||$440||$26||$132||$1,262||$105|
|Cobalt XFE 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$462||$440||$26||$132||$1,262||$105|
|Cobalt LS 2-Dr Coupe||$232||$462||$486||$28||$146||$1,354||$113|
|Cobalt XFE 2-Dr Coupe||$232||$462||$486||$28||$146||$1,354||$113|
|Cobalt LT 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$462||$440||$26||$132||$1,292||$108|
|Cobalt LT 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$462||$486||$28||$146||$1,384||$115|
|Cobalt SS Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$292||$602||$486||$28||$146||$1,554||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter auto insurance rates greatly.
Safe drivers Arlington pay cheaper rates
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims increase Chevy Cobalt premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Cobalt auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set guideline of when to drop full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy Cobalt replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Score discounts on Arlington auto insurance
Auto insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Arlington car insurance quote.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Arlington Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get reduced rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The example below shows the comparison of Chevy Cobalt insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
- The Hartford may include discounts for defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, air bag, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for good driver, anti-theft, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, and professional/association.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, multi-policy, daytime running lights, military active duty, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, good student, and safe vehicle.
Double check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Arlington. If you would like to see a list of companies offering auto insurance discounts in Arlington, click here to view.
Car insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Cobalt, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Texas car insurance company ratings
Selecting a good quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Arlington. The information in the lists below may help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Insurance agents can help
Some consumers would rather buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance online is you can get better rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Arlington that can give you free Arlington car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Arlington should know the answers to these questions.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills such as surgery, dental work, pain medications, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and damage from flooding. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Cobalt resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Cobalt to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Chevy Cobalt.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, legal defense fees and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.