It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study showed that people who routinely compared quotes saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance in Arlington is why you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to find companies and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable car insurance rates in Arlington is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Texas.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and a bad credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for information to help prevent expensive coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
All major insurance companies provide pricing direct online. Comparing Ford Freestyle insurance rates online is very simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system obtains your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on these factors. Getting online price quotes for Ford Freestyle insurance in Arlington streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find cheaper rates.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Arlington, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your Ford and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $820 a year so compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t overlook these Ford Freestyle insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course teaching driver safety skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Arlington Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will definitely reduce your auto insurance premiums.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, renewal discount, multi-policy, safe driver, youthful driver, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, good student, safe vehicle, anti-theft, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Allstate offers discounts including anti-theft, multi-policy, early signing, 55 and retired, resident student, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide discounts include defensive driving, good student, family plan, multi-policy, business or organization, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Arlington.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Arlington who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Arlington can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Arlington who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Arlington that can give you price quotes.
All Texas Insurance Inc
5721 Interstate 20 W # 110, Arlington, TX 76018 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (214) 330-0033 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
1700 E Pioneer Pkwy Ste 190 – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 460-8899 – View Map
Get the best coverage at the best price
A few companies do not provide online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies work with independent agencies. Cheap Ford Freestyle insurance in Arlington can be bought on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When shopping online for car insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented some good ideas how to compare Ford Freestyle insurance premium rates in Arlington. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Ford Freestyle insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. These companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Arlington Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)