Shocking but true, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared insurance rates at all. Consumers in Arlington can save almost 70% each year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
To save the most money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Arlington is to compare prices once a year from insurers who provide car insurance in Texas.
- First, take a little time to learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates such as speeding and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Rabbit coverage is available in Arlington. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at every company you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Most of the larger companies provide price estimates directly from their websites. The process is pretty painless as you just type in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. When complete, the system collects your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote. Using the web to get price quotes for Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Arlington makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to perform this step if you want to find cheaper rates.
To compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will have a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Texas. To find cheap auto insurance in Arlington, TX, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
These discounts can lower Volkswagen Rabbit insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Arlington auto insurance depending on your company.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Rabbit insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Arlington auto insurance quotes online.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Arlington auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Rabbit is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, multi-car, alternative fuel, early shopping, bundle discounts, switch companies, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-policy, renewal discount, and driver training.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, good student, accident-free, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, good student, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safe driver, drive less, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new graduate, teen driver discount, new move discount, newly retired, good student, multi-policy, and exclusive group savings.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Arlington. To view insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Arlington, click here.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Volkswagen Rabbit. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Arlington.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of Arlington auto insurance agents
When searching for a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Arlington can either be independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s worth learning the differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
These agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, you need to get quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Arlington that may be able to provide pricing information.
Vogue Insurance Agency
1201 N Watson Rd #287 – Arlington, TX 76006 – (682) 305-2140 – View Map
All Texas Insurance Inc
5721 Interstate 20 W # 110, Arlington, TX 76018 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (214) 330-0033 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive agencies in Arlington that are able to give price quote information.
Mike Zapata – State Farm Insurance Agent
1115 E Pioneer Pkwy #140 – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 277-2021 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Arlington?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?