Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of Texas insurance customers have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save about $850 each year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they switched.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Arlington is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Texas.
First, try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional ideas to get better rates and get additional discounts.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper 124 Spider coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
When shopping for affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rates from companies that offer car insurance in Texas. The easiest way by far to find the lowest Fiat 124 Spider rates is to get quotes online.
It’s so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it takes the place of having to waste gas driving to local Arlington insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online eliminates this option unless you have a need for the professional guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. You can, however, price shop your coverage online but have a local agent actually write the policy. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate. Not every company does online price quotes, so it’s important to compare prices from those companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Arlington, TX. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Arlington, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Fiat vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Fiat 124 Spider in Arlington, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Fiat for a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your Fiat and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to save money.
Check for these money saving discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their company to monitor vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them with the same company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a course in driver safety could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the larger companies who may offer these discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not be available in your state. To locate companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Compare prices but buy from a local Arlington insurance agency
A small number of people just want to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important especially in Arlington.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Arlington who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a local Arlington insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Arlington agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Arlington that can give you price quote information.
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Arlington that can give you price quote information.
Picking the best insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Arlington?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Lower rates by being persistent
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices and even delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We covered many ways to shop for Fiat 124 Spider insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Arlington Auto Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)