Would you like to buy cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Arlington? Wish you could get out of an under-performing, overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because there are lots of people in the same boat.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year will presumably switch companies because there is a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If saving money on auto insurance in Arlington is why you’re here, knowing how to shop for insurance can make shopping around easier.
Steps to finding better rates for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Arlington
The best way to get cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Arlington.
- Learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as traffic violations and a negative credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Captiva Sport insurance in Arlington. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Big companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance increase brand awareness with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Chevy Captiva Sport Insurance Rate Factors
Lots of things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Vehicle features can affect auto insurance rates – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Reserve auto insurance claims for larger damages – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Texas award lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Reduce auto insurance rates by driving safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If the Chevy Captiva Sport scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Eliminate unneeded extra coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Many companies apply a discount to people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, consumers should still compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can save money by buying from different companies
- Keep the miles off and save – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Make sure your declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage. An incorrectly rated Captiva Sport may be wasting your money.
- High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Insureds with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. So if your credit score can be improved, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Captiva Sport if you clean up your credit.
- Never allow your auto insurance policy to lapse – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in fines or a revoked license.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Captiva Sport – Insurers use statistical claims data to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more to insure.
The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Chevrolet Captiva Sport Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The recommended way to find affordable insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing online rate quotes makes this unnecessary unless you require the trained guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop your coverage online but buy the policy through an agent.
When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps locate the best price. Not every company does rate quotes online, so you also need to get quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Arlington, TX. To get cheap auto insurance in Arlington, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance is not optional in Texas
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Arlington, insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Captiva Sport has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your Chevy and your personal assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies don’t always publicize all possible discounts very well, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course in defensive driver could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger insurance carriers have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Captiva Sport insurance in Arlington.
- Arlington Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
To find companies that offer some of these discounts in Arlington, click here to view.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Arlington that provide free Arlington auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Arlington for you
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that you can select. Agents in Arlington are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Arlington who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you check rates from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent agents in Arlington that are able to give rate quotes.
Sun West Insurance Agency Inc
600 Six Flags Dr #102 – Arlington, TX 76011 – (817) 261-1101 – View Map
Which auto insurance company is best in Texas?
Finding the top insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Arlington. The ranking information listed below may help you pick which insurers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What are good deductibles for a Chevy Captiva Sport?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Quote more and you will save more
Cheaper auto insurance in Arlington can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Arlington, so you need to quote Arlington auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
You just learned a lot of ways to shop for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
How to find low-cost rates for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Arlington
The best way we recommend to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Arlington.
- Read and learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. Immediately put the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Arlington? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)