Amazingly, about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Arlington is to compare prices regularly from providers who sell auto insurance in Texas.
- First, spend some time learning about auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Immediately put the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to look at every company you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
The best way we recommend to compare policy rates for Buick Regal insurance in Arlington is to understand all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information like whether you drive to work or school, driver ages, if you require a SR-22, and what your job is. That rating data is then submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To find lower affordable Buick Regal insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Arlington, TX. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Arlington, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Buick Regal in Arlington, paying for car insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Buick at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $825 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Buick Regal Insurance Premiums Can Be Lower
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
Men drivers tend to cost more – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
Performance influences insurance costs – The performance of the car or truck you are insuring makes a huge difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Premiums drop with age – Beginning drivers in Texas are known to be more careless when driving with friends so auto insurance rates are higher. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Texas give cheaper rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Always keep your policy in place – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Lower premiums with alarms and GPS tracking – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent car theft.
Your credit score is important – A driver’s credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with good credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with poor credit. If your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Buick Regal by repairing your credit.
Buick Regal insurance loss probability – Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Specific Buick Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Regal 2WD||96||92||82||104||94||97|
|Buick Regal 4WD||113||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
- What policy terms are available?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Texas?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Arlington?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Budget-conscious Buick Regal insurance can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
We just presented a lot of information how to save on Buick Regal insurance in Arlington. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Buick Regal insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Arlington Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Arlington? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)