It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price will presumably buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around saved an average of $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price on insurance in Arlington is why you’re reading this, knowing the best way to compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The recommended way to get the cheapest Audi TT RS insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Arlington.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on TT RS insurance in Arlington. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you receive it, put the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these methods. Finding the lowest-priced car insurance in Arlington is not that difficult. But Texas vehicle owners do need to learn the way insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Arlington insurance discounts for an Audi TT RS
Some companies do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious car insurance savings.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course in defensive driver is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers could receive better car insurance rates.
- Paperwork-free – Some larger companies will provide an incentive simply for signing on your computer.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- Esurance may have discounts that include defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-car, homeowner, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, air bag, bundle, and driver training.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, daytime running lights, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, driver training, multi-policy, and military active duty.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, good driver, and accident-free.
When getting free Arlington auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Arlington. To see a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Texas, click here to view.
The most recommended method to compare rates for Audi TT RS insurance in Arlington is to realize most of the larger companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as how many miles driven, the year, make and model of vehicles, if a SR-22 is required, and if the vehicle is leased. The rating information is submitted instantly to multiple different insurance companies and they return cost estimate very quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Arlington.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Texas. To find cheap car insurance in TX, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
Always remember that when buying the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Does my Audi TT RS need full coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Arlington that can provide free Arlington auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
If you would like to find an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they operate. Auto insurance agents in Arlington can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agencies in Arlington who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Billy Rhodes – State Farm® Insurance Agent
4621 S Cooper St #119 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 557-1222 – View Map
- Bry Acker Agency – Farmers Insurance
2430 N Davis Dr Suite 106 – Arlington, TX 76012 – (817) 453-0872 – View Map
- State Farm: Dean Berube
6109 S Cooper St #121 – Arlington, TX 76001 – (817) 856-0300 – View Map
These agents do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you will want to include rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Arlington willing to provide rate quotes.
- Surefire Insurance Agency
2300 W Division St Suite 150 – Arlington, TX 76012 – (817) 459-0005 – View Map
- Vogue Insurance Agency
1201 N Watson Rd #287 – Arlington, TX 76006 – (682) 305-2140 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Jacque Pirtle
4110 Interstate 20 W #100 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 572-7971 – View Map
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Arlington, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Audi TT RS has a loan, most lenders will require that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your TT RS more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Texas overpays more than $869 every year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance coverage options for an Audi TT RS
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, surgery, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your TT RS caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your TT RS to bring the cost down.
Liability car insurance – This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers things like emergency aid, medical expenses, court costs and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Audi TT RS.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and vandalism. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
What is the best auto insurance company in Arlington?
Picking the highest-rated company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Texas. The ranking data shown next can help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Cheaper car insurance prices are available
More affordable car insurance in Arlington is attainable online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
When searching for affordable Arlington auto insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to shop for Audi TT RS insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest rates are with an unexpected company.
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Arlington Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)