Want to know an easy way to compare low-cost Chevy Traverse insurance in Arlington? Paying low cost prices for Chevy Traverse insurance in Arlington may be kind of frustrating for drivers who have little experience quoting and comparing rates online. With such a big selection of agents and online companies available, it can turn into a real challenge to find the lowest price on Chevy Traverse insurance.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. American drivers can save nearly $859 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheap auto insurance rates.
The Chevy Traverse Insurance Price Equation
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
More traffic equals higher costs – Being located in a rural area has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities tend to have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
Miles driven impacts rates – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy each year the more you will pay for car insurance. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Traverse is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
How much liability protection – Liability coverage will afford coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Deter vehicle theft – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
Maintain car insurance coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department.
High performance equals high rates – The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The next chart is based on a married female driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Chevrolet Traverse insurance premiums compared to other models that have different performance risks.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Some car insurance companies apply a discount for people that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to compare Chevy Traverse rates in Arlington to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Small claims can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Texas give the best rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Chevy Traverse statistical loss data – Insurers analyze the history of losses to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Chevy Traverse vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 2WD||75||101||72||93||90||90|
|Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 4WD||72||91||82||78||76||78|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
To find more affordable prices, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from auto insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to find the lowest Chevy Traverse rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that quoting more provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Arlington, TX. If you want cheap car insurance in Arlington, TX, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Analysis of Chevy Traverse rates
The information displayed next covers estimates of insurance coverage prices for Chevy Traverse models. Having insight into how insurance policy rates are calculated can help you make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$178||$294||$392||$24||$118||$1,006||$84|
|Traverse LS AWD||$202||$294||$392||$24||$118||$1,030||$86|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$202||$294||$392||$24||$118||$1,030||$86|
|Traverse LT AWD||$202||$358||$392||$24||$118||$1,094||$91|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$202||$358||$392||$24||$118||$1,094||$91|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$202||$358||$392||$24||$118||$1,094||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in Arlington location which can affect rates greatly.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Chevy Traverse annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and accidents increase Chevy Traverse insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Males versus Females
The chart below compares Chevy Traverse auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Traverse car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut formula for eliminating physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Traverse claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Traverse in Arlington, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Chevy and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get discounts on Arlington insurance
Insurance is expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you do not double check each discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get lower premium rates.
- Online Discount – Many companies will give you a small discount shop Arlington auto insurance on the internet.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Arlington can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Good Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The illustration below compares Chevy Traverse auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century offers discounts including good student, homeowners, defensive driver, student driver, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, education and occupation, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-car, newly retired, safety features, new move discount, new graduate, and exclusive group savings.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply in your state.
Getting quotes from local Arlington insurance agencies
A small number of people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Arlington.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Arlington for you
If you would like to find a local agent, there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents in Arlington can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, you will want to contact several independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most can insure with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Arlington that can give you free price quotes.
- Kristie Pickle Dorris Insurance
4200 S Cooper St – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 467-7233 – View Map
- ABC Insurance Agencies
816 E Abram St #106 – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 261-1300 – View Map
- First Texas Insurance Services LC
700 Highlander Blvd #350 – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 275-2626 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people use the same agent mainly due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Arlington who can help you get price quotes.
- Gloria LeGrand – State Farm Insurance Agent
1396 W Mayfield Rd #110 – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 465-9191 – View Map
- Randy McCoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
1730 W Randol Mill Rd #160 – Arlington, TX 76012 – (817) 274-1324 – View Map
- Jackie Halpin-Osteen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2530 Legacy Point Dr – Arlington, TX 76006 – (817) 274-1601 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How long has their agency been open in Arlington?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
After getting good feedback to any questions you have and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide insurance. Keep in mind you have the power to cancel your coverage whenever you wish so never assume that you’re stuck with a policy with no way to switch.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers or even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Affordable Chevy Traverse insurance in Arlington can be found both online in addition to many Arlington insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can find cheap Chevy Traverse insurance in Arlington. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company.
How to find cheaper Chevy Traverse insurance in Arlington
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find lower priced Chevy Traverse insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Arlington.
- Try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)