Shockingly, a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. The average driver in the U.S. could save approximately 46.5% every year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the benefits if they bought a different policy.
The easiest way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from providers who provide car insurance in Arlington. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as speeding and a bad credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives ideas to help keep prices low and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper XLR coverage is available. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Make sure you safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Locating the best rates in Arlington can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Nearly every driver who requires lower cost car insurance stands a good chance to find a lower price. Although Texas vehicle owners must comprehend how insurance companies calculate your policy premium.
Check for these seven discounts
Companies do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new XLR can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- College Student Discount – Kids living away from Arlington attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could qualify for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course in safe driver may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above include:
If you want affordable Cadillac XLR insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not apply in every state. To see providers that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get pricing directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Cadillac XLR insurance in Arlington is fairly simple as you just enter your coverage preferences into a form. After you submit the form their quoting system sends out for your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on many factors. Being able to quote online for Cadillac XLR insurance in Arlington makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find cheaper prices.
In order to get comparison pricing now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Arlington, TX. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in TX, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Arlington insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Arlington car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Arlington should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Arlington?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
If you want to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Arlington that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company so they can write business through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you should always get quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are Arlington independent agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Sun West Insurance Agency Inc
600 Six Flags Dr #102 – Arlington, TX 76011 – (817) 261-1101 – View Map
Best auto insurance in Arlington
Buying coverage from a high-quality car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Texas. The company information shown next can help you decide which insurers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Specific coverages for a Cadillac XLR
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your XLR resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your XLR to bring the cost down.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like theft, hitting a bird, hail damage and damage from flooding. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses like EMT expenses, funeral costs, chiropractic care and pain medications. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Cadillac XLR.
Since many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
You just learned a lot of ways to compare Cadillac XLR insurance rates in Arlington. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Cadillac XLR rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Affordable Cadillac XLR insurance in Arlington can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Arlington insurance agents, so you need to shop Arlington car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in these articles:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Arlington Auto Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)