Are you drained from robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay high insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than the majority of other people in Texas.
Remarkably, a study showed that about 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Consumers in Arlington can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes. Many insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the definite best rates possible on Hyundai Equus insurance in Arlington.
If you have coverage now or want to find a cheaper company, use these tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Arlington can be made easier if you know where to look. Comparison shoppers just have to know the most efficient way to compare price quotes from many companies at once.
Cheap companies for Hyundai Equus insurance
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. To find cheap auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Get cheap rates by taking advantage of these six discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but some need to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with some auto insurance companies.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- The Hartford offers discounts for air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Travelers offers discounts including early quote, good student, payment discounts, driver training, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for distant student, youthful driver, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, early shopping, and good student.
- USAA may have discounts that include military installation, driver training, good student, family discount, annual mileage, multi-policy, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for preferred payment discount, multi-car, newly married, new move discount, newly retired, and safety features.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Arlington.
Car insurance agents can help
A small number of people would rather sit down with an agent. Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Arlington.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Arlington who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance policy providers can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both handle car insurance, but we need to point out the difference between them because it can influence buying decisions.
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Arlington who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Abdiel Benjamin Arellano Agency
420 E Lamar Blvd Ste 204 – Arlington, TX 76011 – (817) 345-6000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are Arlington exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
Selecting an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Arlington?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- If they are an independent agency in Arlington, which companies do they recommend?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and comparing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Hyundai Equus.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, emergency aid, pain and suffering, medical expenses and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like fire damage, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as doctor visits, surgery, chiropractic care and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Equus to bring the cost down.
Cheaper coverage is out there
When searching for inexpensive Arlington auto insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We covered a lot of information how to find affordable Hyundai Equus insurance in Arlington. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Low-cost Hyundai Equus insurance in Arlington is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
Steps to finding low-cost Hyundai Equus insurance in Arlington
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save on Hyundai Equus insurance is to do an annual price comparison from companies in Arlington.
Step 1: Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Arlington Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Arlington Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Arlington Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)