Really, the only way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers in Arlington. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for ideas to help keep rates affordable and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper S2000 coverage is available. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. Be sure to keep your new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One important bit of advice is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop rates annually will presumably switch companies because they have a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey found that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved about $72 a month compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding discount rates on insurance in Arlington is why you’re reading this, then understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can help you be more efficient.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Texas. To find cheap car insurance in TX, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Arlington, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Honda for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your S2000 more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Affordable Arlington car insurance quotes with discounts
Some providers do not list every possible discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Arlington auto insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Arlington auto insurance quote.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Arlington auto insurance but check with your company.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new S2000 can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, student away at school, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, daytime running lights, good student, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century may include discounts for automatic seat belts, theft prevention, defensive driver, air bags, 55 and older, and early bird.
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, defensive driver, early bird, Steer into Savings, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford has discounts for good student, driver training, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Arlington insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Most agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important particularly in Arlington.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Arlington who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Listed below is a short list of car insurance companies in Arlington that may be able to provide price quotes for Honda S2000 insurance in Arlington.
Sun West Insurance Agency Inc
600 Six Flags Dr #102 – Arlington, TX 76011 – (817) 261-1101 – View Map
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Auto insurance coverage options for a Honda S2000
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with a tree, rolling your car, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your S2000 to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as theft, fire damage, hitting a deer and damage from getting keyed. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like funeral expenses, emergency aid, structural damage and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be enough coverage.
Shop around and save
We covered a lot of information how to shop for Honda S2000 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Seniors in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)