Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop around annually are highly likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A study showed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved over $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Arlington is why you’re reading this, then knowing the best way to quote and compare coverages can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The preferred way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in Arlington.
Step 1: Read about individual coverages and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as accidents, careless driving, and bad credit can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new company or agent. Once received, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for Ford Fiesta insurance in Arlington takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details including if you’re married, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, the year, make and model of vehicles, and types of safety features. That information is submitted instantly to many of the top insurers and they respond with quotes instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Arlington, TX. If you want the best cheap car insurance in TX, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower-cost Arlington auto insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Paperwork-free – A few auto insurance companies give back up to $50 shop Arlington auto insurance on the web.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current Fiesta insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, five-year accident-free, air bags, defensive driver, daytime running lights, military active duty, and federal employee.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, driver’s education, good student, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers discounts including safety device, anti-theft, multi-car, emergency road assistance, and DriveSense.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, driver training, good student, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To choose insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Texas, click here.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Arlington who will give you quotes to get your business. You never need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Car insurance agents in Arlington come in two varieties
If you want to use a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Agents may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Arlington who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Patricia Casanova
1416 S Watson Rd – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 461-1958 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Classic Family Agency
1001 NE Green Oaks Blvd Ste 171 – Arlington, TX 76006 – (817) 468-3066 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Gary Tongate
1814 N Cooper St – Arlington, TX 76011 – (817) 861-3422 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Below are independent agencies in Arlington willing to provide rate quotes.
- Trang Le Insurance Agency
2397 S Collins St – Arlington, TX 76014 – (817) 779-4849 – View Map
- Tucker Insurance Agency
3901 Arlington Highlands Blvd #200 – Arlington, TX 76018 – (817) 695-5166 – View Map
- Aramex Insurance Agency
1523 New York Ave – Arlington, TX 76010 – (800) 711-1418 – View Map
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Arlington?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford Fiesta is worth?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- File insurance claims and pay more – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Texas award cheaper rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Being married is a bonus – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. It means you’re more mature and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- Low credit score equals high prices – An insured’s credit score can be an important factor in your rate calculation. People that have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit score can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Fiesta if you improve your credit rating.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Ford Fiesta insurance loss statistics – Companies use data from past claims when determining insurance rates. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Ford Fiesta vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Ford Fiesta Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fiesta 96 91 73 115 123 113BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Fiesta in Arlington, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fiesta has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Ford Fiesta but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Fiesta are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
The cheapest Ford Fiesta insurance in Arlington is possible online as well as from independent agents in Arlington, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Ford Fiesta insurance in Arlington. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Ford Fiesta insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)