I really doubt anyone looks forward to buying auto insurance, particularly when they could find better rates elsewhere.
Sadly, over 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never shopped around. American insurance shoppers could save an average of up to $860 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find lower-cost auto insurance rates. Many auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to find the absolute best rates possible on Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Arlington.
If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, use these techniques to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Arlington is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Smart buyers just have to know the most effective way to get comparison quotes on the web.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Arlington, TX. To find cheap auto insurance in TX, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Arlington, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your C-Max Hybrid, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
Prevent theft and reduce premiums – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart vehicle theft.
Occupation stress can affect rates – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, airline pilots, and stock brokers are shown to have higher rates than average attributed to intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, athletes and performers pay the least.
How old are your drivers? – Young drivers in Texas are proven to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver to your car insurance policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
High credit rating translates to low prices – Your credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Consumers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Ford C-Max Hybrid if you clean up your credit.
Better drivers pay lower costs – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices compared to bad drivers. Only having one citation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten multiple tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
When should you file policy claims? – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Texas generally give discounts to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
Always keep your car insurance in place – Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department.
Ford C-Max Hybrid claim statistics – Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that the data shows to have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages. The next table shows the loss history for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford C-Max Hybrid||99||92||95||94||89||100|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Arlington car insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less compared to bad drivers.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow data collection to spy on vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Professional Memberships – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, daytime running lights, driver training, military active duty, and good student.
- USAA offers premium reductions for annual mileage, loyalty savings, driver training, multi-policy, and family discount.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online signing.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, good driver, accident-free, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance offers discounts for online quote, good driver, Pac-12 alumni, multi-car, DriveSense, claim free, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, business and professional, and switch companies.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, defensive driving training, good student, multiple policy, and student away at school.
When quoting, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not be offered in Arlington.
What if I want to buy from local Arlington insurance agents?
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local insurance agents is still important in Arlington.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Arlington who will give competitive quotes for your business. You never need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agents to choose from. Insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can provide insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they differ since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you compare quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are Arlington independent insurance agents who may provide price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive agencies in Arlington that are able to give price quotes.
Deciding on an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Persistent drivers can save
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheaper auto insurance in Arlington can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Arlington agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Arlington
The most effective way to find better pricing on Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Arlington.
Step 1: Try to comprehend auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Arlington? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Arlington Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)