Do you want to learn to get lower-priced car insurance rates in Arlington, TX? Arlington drivers have many options when trying to find affordable Dodge Ram insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to buy car insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Dodge and obtain the cheapest rates from Arlington insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes every six months because prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best rates on Dodge Ram insurance in Arlington a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use the internet to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Arlington, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The rate table displayed below covers detailed analysis of prices for Dodge Ram models. Having a better understanding of how rates are established can be of help when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$282||$460||$560||$34||$168||$1,504||$125|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$318||$560||$560||$34||$168||$1,640||$137|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$318||$560||$560||$34||$168||$1,640||$137|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$318||$560||$560||$34||$168||$1,640||$137|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$318||$560||$560||$34||$168||$1,640||$137|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$318||$560||$560||$34||$168||$1,640||$137|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$318||$560||$560||$34||$168||$1,640||$137|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$318||$560||$560||$34||$168||$1,640||$137|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$318||$560||$560||$34||$168||$1,640||$137|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$356||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,778||$148|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$356||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,778||$148|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$356||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,778||$148|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$356||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,778||$148|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$356||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,778||$148|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$356||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,778||$148|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$356||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,778||$148|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$356||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,778||$148|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$356||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,778||$148|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$356||$760||$560||$34||$168||$1,878||$157|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$356||$760||$560||$34||$168||$1,878||$157|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can alter rates noticeably.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Dodge Ram annual premium costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram annual premium costs with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no written rule to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Ram settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Insuring your Ram just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Ram insurance, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Texas is wasting up to $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t overlook these nine Dodge Ram insurance discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Ram can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Dodge Ram insurance in Arlington.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Arlington car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data collection to scrutinize driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your policy premiums.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for air bags, paid in full, multi-policy, mature driver, paperless, anti-lock brakes, and multiple vehicles.
- American Family includes discounts for Steer into Savings, early bird, good driver, accident-free, and good student.
- Esurance may have discounts that include paid-in-full, renters, good driver, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-car, and good driver.
Double check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply everywhere. If you would like to view companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Arlington, click this link.
Insurance can be complex
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I rate my Dodge Ram as pleasure use or commute?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance is available from local insurance agents
Some consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Arlington that can provide free Arlington car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Arlington?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Arlington
When searching for a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Arlington are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can handle auto insurance, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it can influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Arlington who may provide you with price quote information.
- Mike Zapata – State Farm Insurance Agent
1115 E Pioneer Pkwy #140 – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 277-2021 – View Map
- Steve Perryman – State Farm Insurance Agent
3800 SW Green Oaks Blvd – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 561-5555 – View Map
- Samantha Nguyen-Le – State Farm Insurance Agent
3415 S Collins St #107 – Arlington, TX 76014 – (817) 466-3000 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a list of independent agents in Arlington willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Estes and Cleveland Insurance Agency, Inc.
521 E Abram St – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 265-4488 – View Map
- Shane Ferrell Insurance Agency
3926 W Pioneer Pkwy – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 635-4663 – View Map
- Surefire Insurance Agency
2300 W Division St Suite 150 – Arlington, TX 76012 – (817) 459-0005 – View Map
If you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 30/60/25 which stand for a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, bail bonds, pain and suffering and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like falling objects, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills like surgery, funeral costs, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your Ram resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Ram to save money on collision insurance.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver or poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
You just learned a lot of information how to find cheaper Dodge Ram insurance in Arlington. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheaper Dodge Ram insurance in Arlington is possible online and with local Arlington insurance agents, so you need to shop Arlington car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Arlington
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save money on Dodge Ram insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies that insure vehicles in Arlington. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One important bit of advice is to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Arlington? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)