The most effective way to find more affordable Volvo V60 insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurers that insure vehicles in Arlington.
Step 1: Read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a poor credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for instructions to help keep rates affordable and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper V60 coverage is available in Arlington. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s hard to believe, but a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. American insurance shoppers could save themselves 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
Determine discounts on Arlington auto insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less in comparison to bad drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Volvo could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for completing your application online.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to spy on driving habits remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Larger auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, anti-theft, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and multi-policy.
- Travelers has discounts for driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, home ownership, and early quote.
- Nationwide offers discounts including easy pay, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, good student, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for bundle discounts, switch companies, mature driver, early shopping, business and professional, and pay in full.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online shopper, anti-theft, emergency road assistance, good driver, and claim free.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good student, ease of repair, multi-car, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, and professional/association.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your state.
The fastest way that we advise to compare policy rates for Volvo V60 insurance in Arlington is to understand most of the bigger providers allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is take a few minutes to give details including whether the vehicles are used for commuting, whether you are single or married, how much you drive, and your credit rating estimate. That information is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes very quickly.
To compare rates for your Volvo V60 now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Arlington, TX. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Arlington, TX, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the lowest price.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower premium levels.
- Incidental coverages that may not be needed – There are many additional coverages that you can buy when buying car insurance. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
- High credit equals lower prices – Having a good credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. So if your credit could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Volvo V60 by repairing your credit. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower ratings.
- More traffic means higher claims – Residing in a small town is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims. Residents of big cities have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like lawyers, architects, and miners have higher rates than average because of high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers like farmers, engineers and retirees pay the least.
- High deductibles lower rates – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. A few examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Volvo V60 scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Beginning drivers are known to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Minor frequent claims are not good – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Texas give discounts to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Insurance loss probability for a Volvo V60 – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table below outlines the loss history for Volvo V60 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or larger claims.
Volvo V60 Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Volvo Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo V60 2WD 68 53 Volvo V60 4WD 136 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance agents are trained to help
Many drivers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Arlington.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Arlington who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Arlington agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s recommended you check rates from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Arlington who can help you get free rate quotes.
- Surefire Insurance Agency
2300 W Division St Suite 150 – Arlington, TX 76012 – (817) 459-0005 – View Map
- Kennedy Insurance
820 E Park Row Dr – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 461-2907 – View Map
- Kristie Pickle Dorris Insurance
4200 S Cooper St – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 467-7233 – View Map
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents partially due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Arlington that are able to give price quotes.
- Billy Rhodes – State Farm® Insurance Agent
4621 S Cooper St #119 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 557-1222 – View Map
- Jesus Sanchez – State Farm Insurance Agent
3330 Matlock Rd #124 – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 468-3338 – View Map
- Gloria LeGrand – State Farm Insurance Agent
1396 W Mayfield Rd #110 – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 465-9191 – View Map
Deciding on a insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Upon receiving satisfactory answers to all your questions as well as inexpensive Volvo V60 insurance in Arlington quotes, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that will properly service your car insurance policy.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volvo has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Volvo for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Volvo as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your V60 outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Texas is overpaying over $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
One last note
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions or unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
You just learned many ways to shop for Volvo V60 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Arlington car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a small local company.
Cost effective Volvo V60 insurance is available online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
More learning opportunities
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Arlington? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)