The recommended way to find low-cost Volvo S60 insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers in Arlington. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like speeding and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper S60 coverage is available in Arlington. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year are likely to switch companies because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved over $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance is your intention, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare insurance coverage can save time and make the process easier.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. Locating the best rates in Arlington is really not that difficult. But Texas drivers do need to learn the methods companies use to calculate your car insurance rates and use it to your advantage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volvo S60 insurance in Arlington
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars or trucks with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save you some money because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer cheap Volvo S60 insurance quotes in Arlington in Texas, click here.
How much does Volvo S60 insurance in Arlington, Texas cost?
Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding more affordable rates.
The following companies offer quotes in Arlington, TX. To find the cheapest car insurance in Texas, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Arlington Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The items below are a few of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Compare rates if you consolidate your policies – Most insurance companies will award lower prices to people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Women tend to cost less – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Older drivers save more – Youthful drivers in Texas are statistically proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are a dented fender, flood damage, or theft. Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Less chance of injury means lower prices – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Volvo S60 has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
Insurance losses for a Volvo S60 – Car insurance companies use past insurance losses to help determine prices. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
|Specific Volvo Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S60 4dr 2WD||103||85||83||76||72||65|
|Volvo S60 4dr 4WD||111||73||90||65||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What are good deductibles for a Volvo S60?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Volvo S60 is totaled?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A small number of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and also buy local.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to companies in Arlington that can give you free Arlington auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Arlington?
- How long has their agency been open in Arlington?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Car insurance agents in Arlington are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Arlington that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to check rates from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
The following are Arlington independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
1700 E Pioneer Pkwy Ste 190 – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 460-8899 – View Map
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will force you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volvo for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $830 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Persistence pays off
Budget-conscious Volvo S60 insurance can be found both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented a lot of tips how to shop for Volvo S60 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with an unexpected company.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Arlington? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)