A recent car insurance study revealed that the vast majority of car insurance customers in Texas have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers can save as much as $860 each year, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they switched.
The preferred way to get cheaper Suzuki Vitara insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Arlington.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as careless driving and a negative credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Vitara insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Most major insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive give price estimates from their websites. This process can be done by anyone as you simply type in your coverage preferences into the form. When the form is submitted, the system pulls your credit score and driving record and quotes a price based on these and other factors.
Being able to quote online for Suzuki Vitara insurance in Arlington makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to perform this step in order to find cheaper car insurance pricing.
To compare rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will have rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Suzuki Vitara insurance in Arlington
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Arlington car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Vitara insurance in Arlington.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Vitara insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for safety features, multi-policy, teen driver discount, newly retired, preferred payment discount, and multi-car.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, driver’s education, safe vehicle, multiple policy, good driver, passive restraint, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for good student, company car, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, group or association, and safe driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, and good student.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safety rewards, anti-theft, accident prevention training, safe driver, and bundle discounts.
If you want the cheapest Suzuki Vitara rate quotes, ask every company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your state. To view insurance companies with the best discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Arlington
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Many insurance companies give discounts to clients that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying from different companies
Youthful drivers cost more – Young drivers in Texas are known to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your Suzuki every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Vitara may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your policy is showing the proper vehicle usage.
Costs impacted by your city – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Protect yourself with liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Arlington.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Arlington who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Arlington who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Aramex Insurance Agency
1523 New York Ave – Arlington, TX 76010 – (800) 711-1418 – View Map
- Strack Insurance Services
6027 Interstate 20 W – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 557-0100 – View Map
- Low Rate Insurance Agency
1900 E Abram St – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 635-0375 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agencies in Arlington that can give you price quote information.
- Samantha Nguyen-Le – State Farm Insurance Agent
3415 S Collins St #107 – Arlington, TX 76014 – (817) 466-3000 – View Map
- Jackie Halpin-Osteen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2530 Legacy Point Dr – Arlington, TX 76006 – (817) 274-1601 – View Map
- Gloria LeGrand – State Farm Insurance Agent
1396 W Mayfield Rd #110 – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 465-9191 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Arlington?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing your policy, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Suzuki Vitara?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What is GAP insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Arlington auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Texas. The information listed below can help you choose which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Quote. Compare. Save.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Some companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies. More affordable car insurance in Arlington is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Arlington, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas can be read on the following sites:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)