Do you need a better way to compare more affordable Hyundai Elantra insurance in Arlington? No one fancies paying their premiums for insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high.
It's a known fact that insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who rate shop once a year are likely to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who compared prices regularly saved about $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared other company's rates.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Arlington is your ultimate target, then having a good understanding how to quote and compare cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient.
Companies like State Farm and GEICO continually hit you with ad campaigns and it can be hard to avoid their marketing magic and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Most of the larger companies allow you to get coverage prices on the web. This process is very simple as you just enter the coverages you want into the form. After the form is submitted, their system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on many factors. The ability to get online rate quotes for Hyundai Elantra insurance in Arlington makes it simple to compare prices and it's absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the lowest possible payments on insurance.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will be getting comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies offer quotes in Texas. To find cheap auto insurance in Arlington, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Hyundai, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Hyundai Elantra detailed coverage information
The rate table below outlines detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Hyundai Elantra models. Having a better understanding of how rates are established can be useful when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$180||$322||$366||$22||$110||$1,000||$83|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$462||$430||$26||$128||$1,226||$102|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$462||$430||$26||$128||$1,252||$104|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$462||$430||$26||$128||$1,252||$104|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$206||$392||$366||$22||$110||$1,096||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can impact premium rates noticeably.
Cost of full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Elantra insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no exact rule that works best for making the decision to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's assume your Hyundai Elantra book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $400 annually to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Car insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Auto insurance companies don't list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Active Military Service - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Payment Method - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a safe driver class is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Arlington Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Arlington can earn you a little savings since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- College Student Discount - Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Arlington and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some car insurance companies give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
The example below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Elantra insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
It's a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To view insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Arlington, follow this link.