It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who shop for lower rates will presumably switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. A study showed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved as much as $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is your ultimate objective, knowing how to quote and compare cheaper coverage can save time and money.
The recommended way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from companies who sell auto insurance in Arlington.
First, read about coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like your driving record and a negative credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more information to prevent high rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Fusion Hybrid coverage is available in Arlington. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at every company you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Most of the larger companies allow you to get prices from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Arlington doesn’t take much effort as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. When the form is submitted, their system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on the information you submitted.
The ability to get online price quotes for Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Arlington makes it simple to compare prices and it’s necessary to do this in order to get the most affordable auto insurance rates.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you will have a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Analysis of Ford Fusion Hybrid rates
The table below showcases different coverage prices for Ford Fusion Hybrid models. Having a better understanding of how policy rates are established can help guide drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$436||$538||$32||$162||$1,344||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can change price quotes noticeably.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance costs for each different age category. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage in Arlington
The illustration below shows the difference between Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Fusion Hybrid replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Fusion Hybrid, almost all lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Arlington with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies provide a discount for signing up early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less can qualify you for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 get Arlington auto insurance on your computer.
- Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your bill.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford Fusion Hybrid premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, driver training, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good student, multiple policy, driver’s education, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including multi-policy, age of vehicle, anti-theft, accident-free, and low natural disaster claims.
- 21st Century has savings for air bags, student driver, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, and homeowners.
- Allstate includes discounts for safe driver, teenSMART discount, FullPay discount, 55 and retired, anti-lock brakes, and farm vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not apply everywhere. To view insurers with the best discounts in Arlington, click this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
A small number of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Arlington.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, you should always get quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Arlington that can give you competitive price quotes.
- Pickard Insurance Agency
2221 W Arkansas #102 – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 460-0333 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Abdiel Benjamin Arellano Agency
420 E Lamar Blvd Ste 204 – Arlington, TX 76011 – (817) 345-6000 – View Map
- Pattillo Insurance Agency
3825 W Green Oaks Blvd Suite 250 – Arlington, TX 76016 – (972) 218-1723 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Arlington that can give you comparison quotes.
- Jackie Halpin-Osteen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2530 Legacy Point Dr – Arlington, TX 76006 – (817) 274-1601 – View Map
- Jane Koch Oellermann – State Farm Insurance Agent
2255 W Green Oaks Blvd – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 457-9933 – View Map
- Randy McCoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
1730 W Randol Mill Rd #160 – Arlington, TX 76012 – (817) 274-1324 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does their agency support local causes in Arlington?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How long has their agency been in business in Arlington?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Texas auto insurance companies
Picking the highest-rated insurer is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Arlington. The ranking data shown next may help you pick which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Auto insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, attorney fees, pain and suffering and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your Fusion Hybrid resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Fusion Hybrid in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a deer, theft, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses such as funeral costs, surgery, chiropractic care and prosthetic devices. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Ford Fusion Hybrid.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
You can lower your car insurance rates
A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Budget-conscious Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent and poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you prepare to switch companies, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)