The best way we recommend to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Arlington is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in Texas. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who rate shop once a year are likely to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $865 annually compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare insurance premiums can make it easier for you to save money.
When comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting a lower rate. Not every company provides Arlington Challenger insurance quotes online, so it’s important to also get prices from them as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Arlington, TX. In order to find the best auto insurance in Arlington, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper Arlington auto insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable driving data submission to study driving patterns by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current Challenger insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Challenger yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The information is based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Esurance may have discounts that include Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, good student, multi-car, and homeowner.
- The Hartford has discounts for anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, air bag, good student, and driver training.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, anti-theft, driver training, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, good student, passive restraint, anti-theft, driver’s education, and student away at school.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not be offered in Arlington.
Analysis of coverages
The rate information below covers different rate quotes for Dodge Challenger models. Being aware of how policy rates are calculated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates substantially.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Dodge Challenger annual premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Dodge Challenger liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Challenger insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive rule to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Challenger book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Many people still like to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Arlington that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Arlington?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agents to choose from. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Arlington exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Mike Zapata – State Farm Insurance Agent
1115 E Pioneer Pkwy #140 – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 277-2021 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Arlington that can give you price quote information.
All Texas Insurance Inc
5721 Interstate 20 W # 110, Arlington, TX 76018 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (214) 330-0033 – View Map
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in lower insurance prices.
Get a ticket, pay higher rates – Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers who have received license-revoking violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The example below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims influence Dodge Challenger yearly insurance costs for each different age group. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Your deductibles define the amount you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
What type of car do you drive? – The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a huge difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for lower cost passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single female driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Dodge Challenger insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performances.
Women tend to be lower risk – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men are in accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Challenger car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Having a spouse brings a discount – Having a significant other helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Responsible credit equals lower costs – Having a good credit history is a large factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Challenger by improving your credit score.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Challenger in Arlington, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Dodge Challenger, almost every bank will require you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance preserves both your assets and your Dodge Challenger. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Challenger are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Which car insurance company is best in Texas?
Choosing a good quality insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Texas. The ranking data in the lists below could help you select which auto insurers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Frequent quotes can save
Cost effective Dodge Challenger insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Arlington, so you need to quote Arlington auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)