We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year will most likely switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved about $72 a month compared to those who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly Chevy Silverado insurance in Arlington is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to find and compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
The best way we recommend to find low-cost Chevy Silverado insurance in Arlington is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as speeding and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Be sure to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One piece of advice is to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
Most larger insurance companies provide insurance quotes direct online. Comparing Chevy Silverado insurance rates online can be done by anyone because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the form. Behind the scenes, the quote system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to do this if you want to find the cheapest price possible.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will be getting a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Arlington, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Silverado in Arlington, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Chevy Silverado and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance coverage details
The premium information displayed below covers a range of coverage prices for Chevy Silverado models. Having a better understanding of how policy rates are established can benefit drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$326||$486||$564||$34||$168||$1,578||$132|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$326||$486||$500||$30||$150||$1,492||$124|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$374||$592||$564||$34||$168||$1,732||$144|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$374||$592||$564||$34||$168||$1,732||$144|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$374||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,646||$137|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$374||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,646||$137|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$374||$592||$564||$34||$168||$1,732||$144|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$374||$592||$564||$34||$168||$1,732||$144|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$422||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,800||$150|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$422||$698||$564||$34||$168||$1,886||$157|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$422||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,800||$150|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$422||$698||$564||$34||$168||$1,886||$157|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$422||$698||$564||$34||$168||$1,886||$157|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$422||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,800||$150|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$422||$698||$564||$34||$168||$1,886||$157|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$422||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,800||$150|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$422||$804||$500||$30||$150||$1,906||$159|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$470||$804||$500||$30||$150||$1,954||$163|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in Arlington location which can lower or raise coverage prices greatly.
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Chevy Silverado insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado insurance prices with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for excluding full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Silverado claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Do you qualify for these ten discounts?
Insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Arlington without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers can get a discount up to 10%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado premium costs with and without discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, accident-free, multiple autos, anti-theft, student away at school, multiple policy, and good driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
- Travelers may have discounts that include multi-policy, student away at school, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, and multi-car.
- American Family includes discounts for good student, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new move discount, multi-car, newly retired, preferred payment discount, newly married, new vehicle discount, and safety features.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Arlington.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
Always remember that when buying a policy, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Arlington?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.