It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices are likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent study showed that consumers who shopped around saved over $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on insurance is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest Mercury Montego insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Arlington.
First, spend some time learning about coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Arlington. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
The easiest way to compare policy rates for Mercury Montego insurance in Arlington is to realize all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them rating details including whether your vehicle is owned or leased, your job, if a SR-22 is needed, and how many miles driven. That rating data is then sent to multiple top-rated companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Arlington, TX. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Texas, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mercury Montego in Arlington, paying for insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Mercury Montego, more than likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercury at a more expensive rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Texas overpays more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Arlington insurance discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Arlington and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers are able to get a slight reduction on a Arlington auto insurance quote.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, multiple autos, driver’s education, defensive driving training, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, air bags, and anti-theft.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including economy car, passive restraint, anti-theft, farm vehicle, and premier discount.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, drive less, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for 55 and retired, driver training, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, education and occupation, good student, multi-car, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find cheaper Arlington auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Arlington. For a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Arlington, click here.