If you’re shopping for lower-cost insurance online, do you get overwhelmed by the wide range of auto insurance sources that you can choose from? Many other drivers are as well. People have so many options that it can easily become a challenge to find the lowest price for Chevy Trax insurance in Arlington. Arlington is a great city to live in, but expensive premiums for auto insurance can make it hard to meet other financial obligations.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of Texas auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. American insurance shoppers could save nearly $859 every year, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates and save money.
Cheaper rates with these rate reducing discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so the below list has some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Trax insurance premium.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Early Signing – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a set time period.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, multiple autos, anti-theft, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for alternative fuel, homeowner, good student, bundle discounts, early shopping, and pay in full.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, driver training, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for good student, multiple vehicles, paperless, anti-theft, safe vehicle, mature driver, and company car.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- USAA offers discounts including safe driver, multi-vehicle, military installation, family discount, new vehicle, and annual mileage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in every state.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Chevy Trax insurance in Arlington utilizes the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide a small amount of information such as an estimate of your credit level, the make and model of your vehicles, if you lease or own, and if you went to college. Your details is instantly submitted to all major companies and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
To check rates for your car now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Arlington, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Smart Buyers Can Cut Insurance Costs
Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that help determine auto insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
The list below includes a few of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Auto insurance policy lapses increase rates – Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The type of car, truck or SUV you drive makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Low performance passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most major insurers will give a discount to policyholders that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can save even more than the discount by splitting coverages up.
- Only buy coverage you need – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Low stress employer equals lower rates – Occupations such as fire fighters, business owners, and miners tend to have higher average rates due to stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations such as actors, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Where you live – Choosing to live in areas with lower population has definite advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Obey driving laws and save – Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Having a single ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
Insurance loss data for a Chevy Trax – Companies use historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the collected loss data for Chevy Trax vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Trax Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD 79 Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD 81BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies near you
Some consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Arlington.
After filling out this short form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Arlington who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to contact a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Arlington who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- Trang Le Insurance Agency
2397 S Collins St – Arlington, TX 76014 – (817) 779-4849 – View Map
- Low Rate Insurance Agency
1900 E Abram St – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 635-0375 – View Map
- Pattillo Insurance Agency
3825 W Green Oaks Blvd Suite 250 – Arlington, TX 76016 – (972) 218-1723 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Arlington who can help you get rate quotes.
- Mark Leal – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 N Cooper St #106 – Arlington, TX 76011 – (682) 323-5033 – View Map
- Billy Rhodes – State Farm® Insurance Agent
4621 S Cooper St #119 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 557-1222 – View Map
- TJ Villarreal – State Farm Insurance Agent
851 NE Green Oaks Blvd – Arlington, TX 76006 – (817) 461-0000 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Arlington should know the answers to these questions.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Arlington?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Arlington?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Why you need Chevy vehicle insurance in Texas
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Trax in Arlington, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Chevy Trax, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your Chevy Trax and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Persistence pays off
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, high prices, not issuing a premium refund or policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Cost effective Chevy Trax insurance can be bought online in addition to many Arlington insurance agents, so you need to shop Arlington car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Chevy Trax insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier.
Steps to finding affordable Chevy Trax insurance in Arlington
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Arlington is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell insurance in Texas. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a poor credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies. Start a quote
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Arlington? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)