Are you trying to find the cheapest Acura RDX insurance in Arlington? Trying to come up with a payment for pricey car insurance can drain your funds and force you to prioritize other expenses. Performing a rate comparison is a smart way to tighten up your finances.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around are inclined to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance is the reason for your visit, then knowing how to quote prices and compare car insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
How to buy discount Acura RDX insurance in Arlington
If you want to save the most money, the best way to save money on auto insurance rates in Arlington is to annually compare prices from insurers in Texas.
- First, try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An essential thing to point out is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Numerous car insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to find the best rate on Acura RDX insurance in Arlington.
It’s a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year because car insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Acura RDX insurance in Arlington a few years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the quickest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you are already insured or need new coverage, you can use this information to find better prices and still have adequate protection. Choosing the best rates in Arlington is much easier if you have a good place to start. You just have to know the most efficient way to buy insurance from many different companies.
Five Tips to Get More Affordable Arlington Insurance Prices
Many factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but some are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can earn you better car insurance rates.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Many car insurance companies apply discounts to insureds who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- A good credit rating can save money – A driver’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Acura RDX if you clean up your credit. People with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower ratings.
- Drive lots and pay more – Driving more miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. An incorrectly rated RDX may be costing you higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy properly reflects the right rating data.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following chart assumes a married female driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Acura RDX car insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performances.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Things like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
Acura RDX claim data – Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when setting rates for each model. Models that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates. The next table shows the historical loss data for Acura RDX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Acura RDX Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RDX 4dr 2WD 64 75 57 67 67 71 Acura RDX 4dr 4WD 68 79 79 68 66 60BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Arlington, TX. If you want the best car insurance in Texas, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage table below covers a range of insurance prices for Acura RDX models. Having a better idea how policy rates are determined can benefit drivers when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$356||$788||$422||$24||$126||$1,716||$143|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$356||$788||$422||$24||$126||$1,716||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise prices noticeably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Acura RDX insurance prices for different age categories. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims drive up Acura RDX insurance premiums for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The information below shows the difference between Acura RDX yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set guideline for excluding physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura RDX replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura RDX in Arlington, auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your RDX with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Texas is wasting up to $850 per year so compare rate quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper Acura RDX insurance in Arlington with discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Arlington car insurance online.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Arlington car insurance quote.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Acura RDX insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, anti-theft, good driver, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, daytime running lights, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, newly married, and new move discount.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, driver training, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, good student, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy
- Progressive has savings for online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
If you are trying to find affordable Acura RDX insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Arlington. For a list of auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Texas, follow this link.
Car insurance agents near you
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in Arlington.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Arlington who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always include rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Arlington that may be able to give rate quotes.
Estes and Cleveland Insurance Agency, Inc.
521 E Abram St – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 265-4488 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
1700 E Pioneer Pkwy Ste 190 – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 460-8899 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Arlington that can give you price quotes.
Selecting an insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Arlington should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
When to get professional advice
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my Acura RDX covered if I use it for business?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Acura RDX?
- What if I total my Acura RDX and owe more than it’s worth?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When you buy Arlington car insurance online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Cheaper Acura RDX insurance in Arlington can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Acura RDX insurance in Arlington
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates in Arlington is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Texas.
- Learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Much more information about insurance in Texas is available on the following sites:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Arlington Car Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)