It’s hard to believe, but almost 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Arlington could save an average of approximately $1,766 each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
Truthfully, the best way to get affordable Scion iQ insurance in Arlington is to regularly compare quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in Texas.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One bit of advice is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
To find the best auto insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Texas. One of the best ways to find competitive Scion iQ insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
It’s so simple to compare auto insurance rate quotes online replaces the need to drive to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional abilities of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although, it is possible price shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons helps locate better pricing.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Texas. If you want cheap auto insurance in TX, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Texas
Despite the high insurance cost for a Scion iQ in Arlington, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Scion at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Scion iQ but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are competitive.
The Scion iQ Insurance Rate Equation
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
The factors shown below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
Do you really need to file those policy claims? – Auto insurance companies in Texas generally give lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Low stress vocation equals lower rates – Careers such as doctors, executives, and emergency personnel usually pay the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs such as farmers, historians and performers pay lower than average rates.
Poor credit can mean higher prices – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Scion iQ by repairing your credit. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit.
Drive less and save – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your iQ may be wasting your money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy shows the right rating data.
Liability protection is important – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Scion iQ statistical loss data – Companies analyze the history of losses to help determine costs. Vehicles that historically have increased losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Scion iQ vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Slash rates with these discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden insurance savings.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow companies to track driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Distant Student – Kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, driver training, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-theft, accident prevention training, drive less, homeowner, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, multiple autos, multiple policy, passive restraint, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and good student.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, air bags, student driver, and 55 and older.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Arlington.
When to get professional advice
When choosing coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Scion iQ?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Car insurance agents near you
A lot of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheaper auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Arlington who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Arlington?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does their agency support local causes in Arlington?
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they operate. Agents in Arlington can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They are trained well on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are Arlington exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Below are Arlington independent agencies that can give you price quotes.
All Texas Insurance Inc
5721 Interstate 20 W # 110, Arlington, TX 76018 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (214) 330-0033 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly service your car insurance policy. Just keep in mind policyholders can cancel a policy whenever you want so never assume that you are obligated to a specific company for a certain time period.
You can find cheaper coverage
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can lower your Scion iQ insurance premium rates in Arlington. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Arlington auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheap Scion iQ insurance in Arlington is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Arlington agents, so you need to quote Arlington auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Arlington Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)