Amazingly, 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in the United States could save themselves $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare other rate quotes.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Arlington is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in Texas.
- Step 1: Read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Tiguan coverage is available in Arlington. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get prices for coverage directly from their websites. Comparing prices online for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Arlington is pretty painless as you just enter the coverages you want on the page. Behind the scenes, the system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted. This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to perform this step if you are searching for cheaper car insurance pricing.
If you want to compare rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in your coverages just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will be getting comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Texas. If you want cheap car insurance in Texas, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so here is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow companies to look at when and where they use their vehicle remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Arlington Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive reduced rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Arlington drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course teaching safe driver skills may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting coverage on a new Tiguan can save up to 30% because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select car insurance companies reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The diagram below compares Volkswagen Tiguan insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, federal employee, good student, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safe driver, drive less, anti-theft, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, accident-free, and good driver.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, good student
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including theft prevention, good student, student driver, teen driver, early bird, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
If you need low cost Arlington car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your state. To view companies who offer car insurance discounts in Arlington, click this link.
Insurance coverage details
The data table displayed next covers detailed analysis of coverage prices for Volkswagen Tiguan models. Having a good grasp of how car insurance premiums are established can be of help when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$374||$592||$424||$26||$128||$1,544||$129|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$374||$592||$424||$26||$128||$1,544||$129|
|Tiguan SE 4Motion AWD||$422||$698||$424||$26||$128||$1,698||$142|
|Tiguan SEL 4Motion AWD||$422||$698||$424||$26||$128||$1,698||$142|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in Arlington location which can impact auto insurance rates considerably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Volkswagen Tiguan insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Arlington
The diagram below shows the difference between Volkswagen Tiguan premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Careers such as military generals, social workers, and accountants generally have higher rates than average in part from high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Mileage impacts costs – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet correctly shows annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your Tiguan can result in significantly higher rates.
Defend yourself with liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Policy add-ons may be wasting money – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Tiguan policy. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
More performance means more cost – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following data uses these variables: single female driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Volkswagen Tiguan car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
Cautious drivers pay lower rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices as compared to those with violations. Just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received careless violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The information below shows how speeding tickets and accidents influence Volkswagen Tiguan insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Loss probability for a Volkswagen Tiguan – Companies study historical loss data when setting premium prices. Vehicles that have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Volkswagen Tiguan vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Volkswagen Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 2WD||84||98||67||75||91||89|
|Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 4WD||93||101||85||82||80||90|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years