Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more affordable car insurance rates in Arlington, TX? Arlington shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on Toyota Prius V insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates for a Toyota and locate the lowest price either online or from Arlington insurance agents.
Best companies for competitive Toyota Prius V insurance in Texas
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Arlington, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Toyota Prius V insurance in Arlington
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy early. It can save you around 10%.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow companies to look at their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, driver’s education, multiple policy, student away at school, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- American Family offers discounts for good driver, air bags, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, seat belt use, membership and employees, defensive driver, and driver training.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for early bird, student driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, homeowners, theft prevention, and air bags.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
Check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some credits may not be available in Arlington. To choose companies that offer the discounts shown above in Arlington, follow this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is emailed to companies in Arlington who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to drive around as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in Arlington are considered either independent or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Arlington who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Classic Family Agency
1001 NE Green Oaks Blvd Ste 171 – Arlington, TX 76006 – (817) 468-3066 – View Map
- Mark Leal – State Farm Insurance Agent
1420 N Cooper St #106 – Arlington, TX 76011 – (682) 323-5033 – View Map
- Billy Rhodes – State Farm® Insurance Agent
4621 S Cooper St #119 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 557-1222 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Arlington that can give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Abdiel Benjamin Arellano Agency
420 E Lamar Blvd Ste 204 – Arlington, TX 76011 – (817) 345-6000 – View Map
- Tucker Insurance Agency
3901 Arlington Highlands Blvd #200 – Arlington, TX 76018 – (817) 695-5166 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
1700 E Pioneer Pkwy Ste 190 – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 460-8899 – View Map
How to find a good Texas car insurance company
Ending up with the best insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Texas. The ranking data in the lists below can help you choose which companies to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance policy specifics
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Prius V caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Prius V to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, hail damage and falling objects. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as funeral expenses, structural damage, emergency aid, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Toyota Prius V.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like chiropractic care, EMT expenses, ambulance fees and funeral costs. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Cheap car insurance rates are possible
There are still a few companies who may not have online quoting and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced Toyota Prius V insurance in Arlington can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Arlington, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
You just read a lot of techniques to save on Toyota Prius V insurance in Arlington. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
How to buy low-cost Toyota Prius V insurance in Arlington
Really, the only way to get more affordable Toyota Prius V insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Arlington. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
First, read and learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, place your new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Arlington? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Arlington Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Arlington Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Arlington Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)