Want to know how to find lower-priced auto insurance rates in Arlington, TX? Arlington consumers have lots of choices when looking for low-cost Subaru BRZ insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Subaru and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and Arlington agents.
It’s smart to do price comparisons before your next renewal because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest rate on Subaru BRZ insurance in Arlington two years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the best way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The purpose of this post is to teach you a little about the best methods to compare rates and some money-saving tips. If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the following tips. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the most efficient way to compare rate quotes online.
The best way we recommend to compare rates for Subaru BRZ insurance in Arlington is to know the trick car insurance companies allow for online access to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including if it has an anti-theft system, whether you have decent credit, if you lease or own, and how much you drive. The data is then sent to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
To compare lower-cost Subaru BRZ insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper Arlington auto insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but some must be requested specifically before being credited. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used BRZ is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
For a list of auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Arlington, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Arlington.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance agents in Arlington can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both do a good job, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it can impact which agent you choose.
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to contact at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Arlington that can possibly get you pricing information.
- Sun West Insurance Agency Inc
600 Six Flags Dr #102 – Arlington, TX 76011 – (817) 261-1101 – View Map
- Kristie Pickle Dorris Insurance
4200 S Cooper St – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 467-7233 – View Map
- Strack Insurance Services
6027 Interstate 20 W – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 557-0100 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Arlington that are able to give price quotes.
- Jane Koch Oellermann – State Farm Insurance Agent
2255 W Green Oaks Blvd – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 457-9933 – View Map
- Randy McCoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
1730 W Randol Mill Rd #160 – Arlington, TX 76012 – (817) 274-1324 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5930 Interstate 20 W Suite 252 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 985-5300 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How many companies do they write for?
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are a few of the things companies use to determine rates.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Going without insurance is a quick way to increase your car insurance rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Cut car insurance rates and deter theft – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- Do you have a tough occupation? – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like doctors, police officers, and emergency personnel generally pay higher rates than average because of job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Urban residents pay more – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population translates into fewer accidents. Residents of big cities have to deal with much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Keep the miles off and save – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge rates based on their usage. Autos used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your BRZ can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy properly reflects annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most larger insurers provide better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare other Arlington BRZ insurance rates to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
- High performance equals high premiums – The type of car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your rates. Low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Claims statistics for a Subaru BRZ – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure.
The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Subaru BRZ vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Subaru BRZ Vehicles Specific Subaru Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru BRZ 156 78 150 87 88 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Arlington, insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your BRZ has a loan, almost every bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your Subaru and your personal assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Subaru as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable coverage is out there
Cost effective Subaru BRZ insurance can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
How to find cheaper quotes for Subaru BRZ insurance in Arlington
Really, the only way to get affordable Subaru BRZ insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers who provide car insurance in Arlington.
Step 1: Learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if you can save on BRZ insurance. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Arlington? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Arlington Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Arlington Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)