Unimaginable but true, over 70% of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Texas can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to do a rate comparison.
The best way we recommend to save on car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from companies in Arlington.
First, take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Ranger insurance. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Affordable companies for Ford Ranger insurance in Texas
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Texas. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Arlington, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Auto insurance analysis for a Ford Ranger
The table shown next covers estimates of coverage prices for Ford Ranger models. Having knowledge of how prices are established can help you make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ranger XL 2WD||$168||$338||$358||$22||$108||$994||$83|
|Ranger XL SuperCab 2WD||$198||$338||$358||$22||$108||$1,024||$85|
|Ranger XLT 2WD||$198||$338||$358||$22||$108||$1,024||$85|
|Ranger XL 2WD||$198||$338||$358||$22||$108||$1,024||$85|
|Ranger XL SuperCab 4WD||$198||$338||$358||$22||$108||$1,024||$85|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD||$198||$412||$358||$22||$108||$1,098||$92|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD||$198||$412||$358||$22||$108||$1,098||$92|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 4WD||$198||$412||$358||$22||$108||$1,098||$92|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 4WD||$198||$412||$358||$22||$108||$1,098||$92|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD||$198||$412||$358||$22||$108||$1,098||$92|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD||$198||$412||$358||$22||$108||$1,098||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in Arlington location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates noticeably.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Ford Ranger insurance rates for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims increase Ford Ranger auto insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Male drivers compared to female drivers in Arlington
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Ranger insurance prices for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford Ranger insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline for excluding comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Ford Ranger settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $500 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Arlington
Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Do you have a tough job? – Occupations like fire fighters, architects, and accountants are shown to have higher rates than average due to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations like professors, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates.
- You might get higher costs if you are single – Having a significant other may save some money on your policy. Marriage translates into being more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Location can modify price – Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated Texas areas tend to have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
Expect high rates for teens – Older drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit. Young drivers are known to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- You may save more by consolidating policies – Most larger companies allow lower prices to buyers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to compare Ford Ranger rates in Arlington to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still find lower rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Cars left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your Ranger can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy correctly shows the correct driver usage.
Get cheaper rates on Ford Ranger insurance in Arlington with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower auto insurance rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Arlington car insurance quote.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Ranger insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, membership and employees, military active duty, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
- Allstate may have discounts that include FullPay discount, good payer, early signing, eSmart discount, passive restraint, resident student, and premier discount.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, 55 and retired, safe driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, driver training, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, good student, good driver, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your area. To locate auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here to view.
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower premium rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Arlington who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Arlington, get answers to these questions.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
If you want an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies in Arlington can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are Arlington exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Arlington that can give you comparison quotes.
Vogue Insurance Agency
1201 N Watson Rd #287 – Arlington, TX 76006 – (682) 305-2140 – View Map
If you feel you receive acceptable answers to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an insurance agency that is a good match to service your policy.
Smart consumers save more
We just covered many tips how you can get a better price on Ford Ranger insurance in Arlington. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Arlington car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. They often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Cheaper car insurance in Arlington can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Arlington car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)