The best way we recommend to get cheaper Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Arlington.
- First, get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to find cheap rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Once received, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of this process is to use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who get price quotes annually are highly likely to switch companies because of the high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who compared rates once a year saved about $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is why you’re reading this, then having some insight into the best way to compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Cutting your Arlington car insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. Just take the time comparing price quotes to find out which insurance company has low cost Arlington auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Texas. To find the best auto insurance in TX, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy Silverado 3500HD and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $869 every year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Facts and figures for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance
The information displayed next covers different coverage costs for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Being aware of how policy rates are calculated can benefit drivers when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$412||$804||$476||$28||$142||$1,862||$155|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$412||$804||$476||$28||$142||$1,862||$155|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$412||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,628||$136|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$454||$698||$382||$22||$114||$1,670||$139|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$454||$804||$382||$22||$114||$1,776||$148|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$454||$804||$382||$22||$114||$1,776||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Arlington which can change insurance rates greatly.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can influence Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Arlington
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Silverado 3500HD book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Arlington
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Arlington auto insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could be rewarded with substantially lower premium rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give better premium rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- No Claims – Arlington drivers who stay claim-free pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado 3500HD auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums assume a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, passive restraint, student away at school, good driver, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for bundle discounts, multi-car, pay in full, youthful driver, early shopping, business and professional, and teen driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, accident-free, good student, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide discounts include good student, defensive driving, accident-free, anti-theft, family plan, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be available everywhere. To find insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, click this link.
Local insurance agents
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Arlington.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is submitted to companies in Arlington that provide free Arlington auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
The following are agents in Arlington that are able to give price quote information for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Arlington.
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Puzzuole
2175 W Green Oaks Blvd – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 446-1522 – View Map
- Low Rate Insurance Agency
1900 E Abram St – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 635-0375 – View Map
- Jeremy Normand State Farm®
3000 S Cooper St – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 465-6292 – View Map
- Jane Koch Oellermann – State Farm Insurance Agent
2255 W Green Oaks Blvd – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 457-9933 – View Map
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Arlington should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
Shop smart and save
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Arlington. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When you buy Arlington auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price.
There are still a few companies who don’t offer price quotes online and many times these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies. Lower-priced Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Arlington can be bought both online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
Much more information about insurance in Texas can be read at these links:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Arlington? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)