It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop for lower rates are highly likely to buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding better rates. A recent survey revealed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding low prices for Acura ILX insurance is your goal, then having a good understanding the best ways to find and compare auto insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Arlington.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Arlington. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Buying affordable car insurance in Arlington is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. Shoppers just have to understand how to compare company rates on the web.
How to buy Arlington Acura ILX insurance online
Most of the larger companies make it easy to get price estimates from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Acura ILX insurance in Arlington is pretty painless as you just type in the amount of coverage you want on the page. After the form is submitted, the quote system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
Quoting online for Acura ILX insurance in Arlington helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to do this if you want to get the cheapest price possible.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you are getting a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Arlington, TX. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your ILX, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Texas is wasting up to $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get Cheap Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with cheaper rates.
File insurance claims and pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Texas give the best rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Raise comp and collision deductibles and save – Your deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Women tend to take less risk – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. They both get in fender benders at about the same rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
Extra policy coverages can add up – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money when buying insurance. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
Liability claims can be big – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Acura ILX insurance loss probability – Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have increased rates. The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Acura ILX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance policy discounts for Acura ILX insurance in Arlington
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable data collection to scrutinize driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for signing up on the web.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save you money since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will let one accident slide before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Arlington car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the premium cost.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders these benefits may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find affordable Acura ILX insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in every state. To see companies that offer the discounts shown above in Arlington, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Most agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this short form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because prices are sent to you instantly. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just the price. Any good agent in Arlington should know the answers to these questions.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Arlington car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Arlington are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell insurance policies, but it’s worth learning why they differ because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Arlington exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas R. Crutchfield
214 S Mesquite St – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 861-1977 – View Map
- Steve Perryman – State Farm Insurance Agent
3800 SW Green Oaks Blvd – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 561-5555 – View Map
- Bill Martensen – State Farm Insurance Agent
4412 Matlock Rd #100 – Arlington, TX 76018 – (817) 465-2122 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent agents in Arlington that can give you comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: The Hulett Agency Inc
3010 W Park Row Dr – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 461-3251 – View Map
- Aramex Insurance Agency
1523 New York Ave – Arlington, TX 76010 – (800) 711-1418 – View Map
- Strack Insurance Services
6027 Interstate 20 W – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 557-0100 – View Map
After getting reasonable responses to all your questions and a low price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can service your policy. Just keep in mind policyholders can terminate coverage at any time so never assume that you’re stuck with any particular company for any length of time.
Best auto insurance company in Arlington
Picking the top company is hard considering how many choices there are in Texas. The company rank data in the next section can help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Arlington Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
When searching for low cost Arlington car insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium and policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Acura ILX insurance in Arlington. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Other learning opportunities
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Arlington Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Arlington Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)