Shockingly, most auto insurance buyers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Arlington consumers could save $1,770 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from providers who provide auto insurance in Arlington.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and a bad credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Sky coverage is available in Arlington. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A tip to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to find the best rates without having to cut coverage. The goal of this article is to help educate you on the most effective way to quote insurance and also pocket some savings Smart buyers just have to know the most time-saving way to compare different rates from many different companies online.
Car insurance providers offering competitive rate quotes in Texas
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Arlington, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheap Arlington auto insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Low Mileage – Driving less could earn slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Memberships – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on auto insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better prices.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
If you would like to see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Texas, click here to view.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Some consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Arlington who will give competitive quotes for your business. You never need to leave your house because prices are sent to your email. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are they full-time agents?
When narrowing the list to find a local Arlington insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Arlington that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas R. Crutchfield
214 S Mesquite St – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 861-1977 – View Map
- Jackie Halpin-Osteen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2530 Legacy Point Dr – Arlington, TX 76006 – (817) 274-1601 – View Map
- Randy McCoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
1730 W Randol Mill Rd #160 – Arlington, TX 76012 – (817) 274-1324 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
The following are Arlington independent insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: The Hulett Agency Inc
3010 W Park Row Dr – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 461-3251 – View Map
- Tucker Insurance Agency
3901 Arlington Highlands Blvd #200 – Arlington, TX 76018 – (817) 695-5166 – View Map
- All Texas Insurance Inc
5721 Interstate 20 W # 110, Arlington, TX 76018 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (214) 330-0033 – View Map
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses like EMT expenses, doctor visits and funeral costs. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a broken windshield, damage from flooding, hitting a bird and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your Sky caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Sky to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
When searching for the cheapest Saturn Sky rate quotes, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund or denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be pretty painless.
A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Affordable Saturn Sky insurance in Arlington is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Arlington agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information is available below:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)