It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable quotes for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Arlington is to compare prices once a year from insurers in Texas.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for ideas to get affordable coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on C350 insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers could save an average of approximately $1,800 each year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
Get Cheap Car Insurance with These Tips
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings. Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
Age of drivers impacts costs – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
The data below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Deter theft and save money – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent vehicle theft.
- How much liability coverage do you need? – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever you are responsible for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Bad credit hurts insurance premiums – Credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with bad credit. If your credit is not that good, you may save money insuring your Mercedes-Benz C350 by repairing your credit.
- Does your employer cost you more? – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs such as military personnel, police officers, and stock brokers have higher rates than the rest of us due to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Other jobs like actors, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Gender and auto insurance rates – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Men and women cause fender benders in similar numbers, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The information below illustrates the difference between Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Drive less and save – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated C350 is just wasting money. Double check that your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
When shopping for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Arlington there are multiple ways of comparing rates from many car insurance companies in Texas. The easiest way to find competitive Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance rates consists of shopping online. When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If you want cheap car insurance in Texas, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Rates and data analysis
The premium table displayed next showcases estimates of coverage prices for Mercedes-Benz C350 models. Knowing how insurance quotes are calculated is important for you to make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C350 W 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$694||$430||$26||$128||$1,596||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease price quotes noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Arlington
The diagram below shows the comparison of Mercedes-Benz C350 auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no set guideline to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Mercedes-Benz C350 replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $700 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mercedes-Benz, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Mercedes-Benz at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is wasting up to $830 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Arlington
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
The information below shows the difference between Mercedes-Benz C350 annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, good student, passive restraint, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts including Steer into Savings, good driver, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, and accident-free.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, education and occupation, good driver, good student, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for ease of repair, anti-theft, professional/association, type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, early shopping, mature driver, multi-car, good student, teen driver, and switch companies.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
Check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not apply in Arlington. To find auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Arlington auto insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with small agencies is especially important in Arlington.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Arlington who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive and independent Arlington car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Arlington that may be able to give price quotes.
- Strack Insurance Services
6027 Interstate 20 W – Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 557-0100 – View Map
- Vogue Insurance Agency
1201 N Watson Rd #287 – Arlington, TX 76006 – (682) 305-2140 – View Map
- All Texas Insurance Inc
5721 Interstate 20 W # 110, Arlington, TX 76018 – Arlington, TX 76017 – (214) 330-0033 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Arlington willing to provide rate quotes.
- State Farm: Dean Berube
6109 S Cooper St #121 – Arlington, TX 76001 – (817) 856-0300 – View Map
- Randy McCoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
1730 W Randol Mill Rd #160 – Arlington, TX 76012 – (817) 274-1324 – View Map
- TJ Villarreal – State Farm Insurance Agent
851 NE Green Oaks Blvd – Arlington, TX 76006 – (817) 461-0000 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Arlington?
- How many companies do they write for?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
After you get good responses for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What policy terms are available?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Should I rate my Mercedes-Benz C350 as pleasure use or commute?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Persistence pays off
We just covered some good ideas how you can find cheap Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Arlington. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Arlington auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best prices are with an unexpected company.
The cheapest Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Arlington is available both online as well as from independent agents in Arlington, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Arlington Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Arlington? (FAQ)
- How Much is Arlington Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)