A recent survey discovered that almost 70% of insureds have been with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Arlington insurance shoppers could save an average of as much as $1,770 each year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they just switched companies.
Truthfully, the best way to get budget Ford Edge insurance in Arlington is to regularly compare price quotes from providers that insure vehicles in Texas.
- It will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like speeding and poor credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for more information to lower rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Arlington. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is that you use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to analyze every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Buying the most affordable coverage in Arlington is not as hard as you think. Practically every driver who shops for car insurance will find a lower-cost policy. But Texas vehicle owners must comprehend the methods companies use to price insurance differently because rates fluctuate considerably.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower premium levels.
Rural areas have lower costs – Living in a rural area can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have congested traffic and more severe claims. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims.
Marriage discount – Being married actually saves money compared to being single. Having a significant other means you’re more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Poor credit can mean higher prices – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Edge by repairing your credit. People with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with worse credit.
Performance impacts insurance premiums – The make and model of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Lower cost passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The data below uses these assumptions: married male driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Ford Edge car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different risk factors.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The more you drive annually the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated Edge can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance coverage shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Cheaper rates by bundling – Lots of insurance companies will award a discount to people that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Ford Edge claim data – Insurers factor in insurance loss information to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher premium rate. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford Edge vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Edge 4dr 2WD||53||93|
|Ford Edge 4dr 4WD||71||108||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The are a couple different ways to compare quotes from lots of Texas car insurance companies. The fastest way to compare rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it takes the place of having to drive around to all the different insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes makes this process obsolete unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate. Not every company allows you to get Arlington Edge insurance quotes online, so you also need to get price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Texas. To buy cheap car insurance in Arlington, TX, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
The coverage table shown next outlines detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Ford Edge models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance premiums are determined is important for you to make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Edge SE 2WD||$326||$486||$500||$30||$150||$1,492||$124|
|Edge SE AWD||$326||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,598||$133|
|Edge SEL 2WD||$326||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,598||$133|
|Edge Limited 2WD||$326||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,598||$133|
|Edge SEL AWD||$326||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,598||$133|
|Edge Limited AWD||$374||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,752||$146|
|Edge Sport 2WD||$374||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,752||$146|
|Edge Sport AWD||$374||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,752||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower premiums substantially.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Arlington
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Edge premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop full coverage
There isn’t a written rule for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Edge claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Edge insurance, insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford Edge with a loan, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Ford Edge. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Edge are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $800 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to save money.
Get cheaper Ford Edge insurance rates in Arlington
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could be rewarded with better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below compares Ford Edge auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
To find companies who offer discounts in Arlington, click this link.
Local Arlington insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important particularly in Arlington.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Arlington who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Arlington are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to include several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Featured below are independent agencies in Arlington who may be able to give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Arlington who can help you get price quotes.
Mike Zapata – State Farm Insurance Agent
1115 E Pioneer Pkwy #140 – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 277-2021 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How long has their agency been in business in Arlington?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Once you have received positive responses and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that can properly service your car insurance policy. Just be aware that it’s your coverage and you can terminate your policy for any reason so never assume that you’re stuck with a specific agent for a certain time period.
Persistence pays off
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost Ford Edge insurance in Arlington can be found on the web and with local Arlington insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Arlington? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)