The best way we recommend to find better pricing on Buick Park Avenue insurance in Arlington is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for more details to get lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Once received, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Texas could save as much as $1,766 each year, but they don’t invest the time required to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons helps you find lower pricing. Not every company allows you to get Arlington Park Avenue insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Arlington, TX. To find cheap car insurance in TX, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Buick in Arlington, paying for car insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Buick, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Buick and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Buick gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Park Avenue definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Earn discounts on Arlington auto insurance
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a driver safety class may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Arlington may earn you a small savings because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with several vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to spy on their driving habits remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Resident Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Arlington and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, driver training, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for mature driver, group or association, company car, safe vehicle, good student, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, good driver, good student, and early bird.
- Esurance has savings for anti-lock brakes, online shopper, good driver, good student, emergency road assistance, DriveSense, and safety device.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, good driver, passive restraint, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, and multi-car.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some credits may not apply in Arlington. To find insurance companies who offer online Buick Park Avenue insurance quotes in Arlington, click this link.
Car insurance agents can help
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Arlington who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking a insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Arlington?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Arlington who may provide you with price quote information.
- Gloria LeGrand – State Farm Insurance Agent
1396 W Mayfield Rd #110 – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 465-9191 – View Map
- Jane Koch Oellermann – State Farm Insurance Agent
2255 W Green Oaks Blvd – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 457-9933 – View Map
- Jeremy Normand State Farm®
3000 S Cooper St – Arlington, TX 76015 – (817) 465-6292 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, we recommend you get several quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Below are Arlington independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Sun West Insurance Agency Inc
600 Six Flags Dr #102 – Arlington, TX 76011 – (817) 261-1101 – View Map
- Shane Ferrell Insurance Agency
3926 W Pioneer Pkwy – Arlington, TX 76013 – (817) 635-4663 – View Map
- Estes and Cleveland Insurance Agency, Inc.
521 E Abram St – Arlington, TX 76010 – (817) 265-4488 – View Map
Quote more to save more
Lower-priced Buick Park Avenue insurance in Arlington is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
You just read a lot of information how to save on Buick Park Avenue insurance in Arlington. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Buick Park Avenue rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas is available at these links:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Arlington Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Arlington Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- How Much is Arlington Car Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Arlington Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)